I’m always game for a new rhythm experience. I loved titles like Theatrhythm and Rhythm Heaven in the past. But when you take a musically focused game and put it in a post apocalyptic setting, then you officially have my attention. That game is none other than Double Kick Heroes. It’s been on my radar for a while now. The good news is, there’s not much longer we all have to wait! Double Kick Heroes is slated to release for PC, Switch and Xbox, coming to Switch August 13th. Switch fans will also have the option to air drum with their Joy-Con, if you’re into that sort of thing.
What matters most is Double Kick Heroes is a beautiful looking title with style to spare. If you’re interested in the genre, get ready starting in just a couple short weeks. And find more details from the press release below!
Today in Angoulême, France, freshly plucked from the fiery depths of the deepest darkest abyss, Headbang Club is pleased to announce that Double Kick Heroes will be released on August 13th on Nintendo Switch and Steam, to follow on Game Pass for PC and Xbox One and the Xbox and Microsoft Store on the 28th, with pre-orders opening up on the 5th of August for Nintendo Switch and Xbox one.
It’s time to jump out of the mosh-pit and into your Gundillac, Sheila, and take on the baddest of badasses and survive in this metal moshing and mayhemic post-apocalyptic nightmarish wasteland.
“Man, it’s been a long journey but we’re pumped to be finally sharing Double Kick Heroes with you all” David Elahee – Headbang Club. “We hope that you love our game as much as we do and enjoy the kick-ass soundtrack we’ve put together to celebrate all things metal. We can’t wait for people to try out air controls for Nintendo Switch which is a heap load of metallic fun, but please drum responsibly”.
- A full story mode that’s accompanied by 50 kerranging songs, including the OST Volume 2 Update, by top artists such as Ultra Vomit, Volkorx, Gorod, Jinjer, Carpenter Brut and Gojira!
- Unique Rhythm shooter mashup with incredibly detailed pixel art
- 5 difficulty settings to test even the most metal of metal head’s skills
- Tons of accessibility options
- USB drum and guitar support on PC and Xbox One
- Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Alternative Motion Control Methods
- Air drumming – Joy-Con used as drumsticks, keeping in the rhythm of the game
- Air beat – Can’t drum? No Problem! Stomp to the beat with your Joy-Con
- Want the all-out motion-controlled experience and really put that double kick pedal to the metal? Then it’s time to use two sets of Joy-Con, one in your socks and one in your hands and drum and stomp your way through the apocalypse!
Double Kick Heroes will launch priced at €21.99 / £19.79 / $21.99 on Nintendo Switch & Xbox One and $19.99 / €19.99 / £15.49 on Steam and the Microsoft Store.
About Headbang Club
Headbang is an artist collective of game devs gone wild. They joined forces to create a METAL game dev band and have finally released Double Kick Heroes and are now working on some top-secret pixel art projects.
About Hound Picked Games
Hound Picked Games, a subsidiary of global consultancy agency PR Hound, is a company set on helping indie studios realise their full potential releases. It specialises in hand-picking indie games that can benefit from the work of industry experts with over 50 years of experience in the business.
About Plug In Digital
Founded in 2012, PLUG-IN DIGITAL offers high-quality expertise to all parts of the video game industry. Distribution, consulting and monetization, business development, strategic and marketing advice… Our company relies on a network of specialists in the gaming business, built on 15 years of concrete and successful experience.