By Walter P / February 14th, 2019
It has been announced that the side-scrolling shooter Devil Engine will be launching next week on Steam and the Switch. In addition to the usual power ups, a burst ability is also present which will allow you to absorb bullets. You can take a look at the game’s press release below.
DANGEN Entertainment is pleased to announce the worldwide release of Devil Engine for Nintendo Switch™️ and PC (Steam) on February 21st!
Triumph or Die! Devil Engine is a high octane, classic styled side scrolling shoot-em-up heavily influenced by the best in the genre from the 32-bit era, featuring a variety of incredible locations, beautifully hand-drawn pixel art, and a blood-pumping soundtrack that brings the dark future to life. Players will can expect fast-paced shooting through 6 stages, each with multiple bosses, utilizing 3 shot types, power ups, and burst bullet absorb to pave their way to victory. Fans of Sega Saturn and PC-Engine shoot-em-ups won’t want to miss Devil Engine.
A last ditch effort to destroy what was once to be their savior. A final mission to eliminate a disastrous future. A single ship against Earth’s entire military. The Andraste is the only hope to defeat…The Devil Engine.
– Power up 3 Shot Types, each with unique Bomb attacks, to destroy everything in your path.
– Score point-multiplying combos and make use of a chargeable Burst ability to absorb bullets and escape demise.
– Leave a wave of carnage across 6 incredibly detailed stages and 8 game modes to compete for score supremacy.
– Accumulate points and spend them to unlock in-game features, such as shaders, additional music, stages and playable ships.
– Pulse pounding soundtrack co-composed by shoot-em-up legend Hyakutaro Tsukumo (Thunderforce V)
SOURCE: Press Release