By Crystal Colwell / January 21st, 2016
The SEGA 3D Classics Collection will be released physically and digitally in the Americas for $29.99/CA$44.99 for the Nintendo 3DS. The physical packaging features artwork by Pokémon art director, Ken Sugimori.
You may recognize a few of the games below as already being available on the eShop, but this collection includes four games not currently available, and gives you the option for physical copies of the games.
- Power Drift – A high octane sprite-based circuit racer.
- Puyo Puyo 2 – A head-to-head competitive puzzle game.
- Maze Walker – A 3D mystery adventure.
- Fantasy Zone II: The Tears of Opa-Opa – A classic psychedelic scrolling shooter.
- Fantasy Zone II W – Fantasy Zone II W is basically an updated version of the game above.
- Sonic The Hedgehog – Control the iconic character in the classic fast-paced platformer.
- Thunder Blade – Helicopters, guns, missiles and explosions. What more do you need?
- Galaxy Force II – Save the galaxy in this space themed3D shoot ’em up.
- Altered Beast – A beat ’em up set in ancient Greece.
- Power Drift – This sprite-based circuit racer puts you head to head against other AI racers in a twisting, turning, jumping, looping race to the finish.
- Puyo Puyo 2 – This head-to-head competitive puzzle game is simple to learn, hard to master, and compellingly addictive. Compete against the AI or friends in local multiplayer. Note: because of the quirks of trying to localize a game hard-coded in Japanese, the game has been left entirely in its original language. English instructions are available in the included digital manual.
- Maze Walker – Originally designed for the SegaScope 3-D glasses on the Sega Master System, Maze Walker comes to life on the 3DS, faithfully reproducing the sense of depth as players try to escape the mysterious, twisting maze filled with unknown dangers. Originally released as Maze Hunter for the Master System in the West.
- Fantasy Zone II: The Tears of Opa-Opa – The sentient space ship Opa-Opa is back to defend its bases from evil (but cute!) invaders in the classic scrolling shooter. For SEGA history buffs, this version of Fantasy Zone II is the original Master System version.
- Fantasy Zone II W –Fantasy Zone II W, which was originally created for the Master System, is the version of Fantasy Zone II upgraded to the graphical capabilities of the System- 16 arcade board with added 3D effects. You can enjoy it in 2 game modes with different rules.
- Sonic The Hedgehog – The evil scientist, Dr. Eggman (aka Dr. Robotnik), has snatched the animals of South Island, turning them into robot slaves. Only the famed blue blur can defeat Dr. Eggman and rescue the animals from his vile clutches in the game that started it all for the fastest hedgehog – Sonic!
- Thunder Blade – In Thunder Blade, players control a helicopter and use guns and missiles to destroy enemy vehicles while flying between buildings, through caves, and into enemy bases. The re-mastered version boasts stereoscopic 3D visuals and adds a host of new features.
- Galaxy Force II – As the star pilot of the Space Federation, it’s up to you to strap yourself into your TRY-X fighter and turn the tables on the invade forces of Halcyon and the Fourth Empire in this 3D shoot ’em up. This remastered version has upgraded graphics with double the resolution of the original for a more pleasing aesthetic.
- Altered Beast – Summoned from the dead by Zeus, players in Altered Beast must shape shift into various beasts and fight off hordes of demons to rescue the captured Athena from the clutches of Neff. Offers local co-op multiplayer.
3DSAltered BeasteShopFantasy Zone II WFantasy Zone II: The Tears of Opa-OpaGalaxy Force IIMaze WalkerNintendoPower DriftPuyo Puyo 2SegaSonic the HedgehogThunder Blade