By We Desire Breath of Fire / July 30th, 2013
NOTE: This article is from the oprainfall Campaign Hub, written by an independent campaign, and hosted on the oprainfall website. The opinions herein may not represent the opinions of oprainfall.
This upcoming Thursday, August 1, 2013 and Friday, August 2, 2013 we will continue our monthly mass-social media posting to renew interest in the Breath of Fire series and show Capcom that fans would love to see a sequel to the resting IP.
Participants for this two-day mass-posting are asked to do the following (and for the first of every month thereafter):
- “Like” the Breath of Fire Facebook and Twitter page.
- “Like” and post on Capcom’s official Facebook page about Breath of Fire, requesting a sequel, re-releases/remakes, expressing your love for Breath of Fire, etc.
- Follow and tweet @Capcom_Unity with BoF6 requests as well, likewise with @Capcom_UK and @CapcomUnityJp. Use #WeDesireBreathofFire
- Register for the Capcom-Unity forums and post in the Breath of Fire discussion group. Feel free to make new threads under Game Discussion that discuss elements of Breath of Fire games.
- A few threads about Breath of Fire exist on the Ask Capcom section. Please post in those and start up some discussions (links are below)!
- Go to Capcom’s suggestion form on its Japanese website (certain browsers can automatically translate the page) and request a worldwide Breath of Fire revival!
- Wii U users: Log into Miiverse on Wii U and post about Breath of Fire in the Mega Man and Mega Man X communities. BoF art is highly encouraged!
Posting on Capcom’s Facebook/Twitter
While text would be greatly appreciated, we should also share the above “We Desire Breath of Fire VI” image (created by BigHenDawg, coiner of our slogan) with Capcom’s various Facebook pages. This can get the message across perfectly.
We need to try to get gaming media outlets to recognize us. Gaming news sites like Kotaku and Destructoid have covered online movements like Operation Rainfall, Operation Moonfall, 100,000 Strong for Mega Man Legends 3 and the Suikoden Revival Movement in the past. Any efforts to spread news of our cause to various gaming sites will be immensely appreciated.
If you have a NeoGAF account, I strongly encourage you to post this link on the site’s forum and participate in the 20th Anniversary thread.
Capcom-Unity threads you can post in (Ask Capcom threads are noticed by employees, but need to be kept on the first page to be noticed!):
- Breath of Fire is now a generation old, so………
- Breath of Fire (SNES) re-release on Wii/Wii U?
- Possible release of Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter as a PS2 Classics title?
- breath of fire 3 news
- breath of fire 1-4 on ios
- Breath of Fire 1, 2 and 3 for the PSN?
- BREATH OF FIRE II coming to wii U VC next week in japan, NA date?
- Sticky: Breath of Fire Group/discussion Thread
- Register at GOG.com and vote UP for a PC re-release of Breath of Fire IV!
- Log into your PSN account (or if you don’t have one yet, create one here) and vote UP on the following two fan requests:
- Breath of Fire III & IV on PSN
- Breath of Fire 3 download in the U.S.
- Post on the official Sony Playstation Facebook page, requesting a PSN release of Breath of Fire III for North America. Capcom is currently in talks with SCEA about possibly giving another go for the game, which was initially rejected by Sony six years ago.
A special video courtesy of BigHenDawg:
If you have the funds, purchase the following:
- If you own a Wii or Wii U in North America, Europe or Japan, purchase Breath of Fire II on the Virtual Console for 800 Wii Points.
- If you own a PSP, PS3, or Vita in Europe or Japan, purchase Breath of Fire III (PSP) on PSN (Great Britain link enclosed).
- If you own a PSP, PS3 or Vita in North America or Japan, purchase Breath of Fire IV on PSN (US link enclosed).
Due to differing time zones, you’re free to begin your posts starting at midnight on July 1.
Some basic guidelines:
1. Don’t spam. Basically, don’t constantly tweet or Facebook post the same thing. You can keep different types of posts going throughout the day, but don’t be overbearing. For Capcom’s Unity forums, threads with Breath of Fire-related subjects are fine. Different BoF threads on Capcom’s Game Discussion and Ask Capcom forum sections are OK if they’re about different subjects (ex. one is about requesting Breath of Fire IV on PSN in UK, another is about your favorite version of Ryu or Nina, etc.).
2. Don’t be negative. There is no reason to attack a company or its employees just because they’re not doing what you want them to do. Keep this positive, and focus on the fact that you’d love to see the Breath of Fire series revitalized.
3. Respect your fellow peers. Some may hold different opinions about the games than you do, but that doesn’t make it an excuse to attack them for liking or disliking a specific title.
bof6Breath of FireCampaignCapcomGBAPS1PS2PS3PSNPSPrevivalSequelSNESsuper famicomUnityVirtual ConsoleVitaWe Desire Breath of FireWiiWii U