No no, this is video game related, I swear. XSEED announced the “Praise Bacon Extravaganza!”, their own fan appreciation event as a big thanks to all who supported them and their released games, with the champion being decreed as Bacon!
Their way of showing how much they thank you, from September 5th to September 12th they will be lowering the minimum order requirement of $20 to $10, and if you place an order that shares or exceeds that amount you get a free copy of the The Last Story soundtrack, the pre-order bonus item that came with the game on release. So if you’re one of those unfortunate gamers who didn’t get one due to whatever circumstance, now is your chance. Don’t let this pass up!
Oh, you never knew they had an online shop? You have been missing out then, as they have a wide selection available of most of their localized titles you may be interested in looking into and more! (Their Online Shop is here.)
Examples consist of:
- The Little King Story(One of the best games released in 2009, and one of personal all time favorite games, criminally underrated. A MUST CHECK OUT!)
- JU-ON: The Grudge(A surprisingly decent horror game which this generation has been lacking in.)
- Rune Factory: Frontier(Yes they re-printed it, so now you don’t have to pay an obscene amount for this gem.)
- Solatorobo: Red the Hunter(What’s great is that the game comes with the first-print edition that included the game’s soundtrack!)
- Fishing Resort w/ or without the Fishing Rod accessory(Don’t let the art style fool you for one second, you need only one name to complete catch your attention, Yuji Naka. This is an engaging fishing game and the accessory only helps further the experience. Please check it out before passing judgement.)
- Ivy the Kiwi(Another great game by Yuji Naka for the Wii & DS, his own way of helping raise awareness of the poor endangered species. HELP SAVE THE KIWIS!)
- Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon(One of the most depressing games you will ever play, just for that it’s worth checking out.)
- Half-Minute Hero(Sadly this game didn’t catch the eyes of most RPG fans as it is definitely underrated, if your a fan give it a try.)
- Lunar: Silver Star Harmony(Its freaking Lunar! What other reason do you need! But seriously, a very well done remake/re-imagining of an old classic.)
- Ys I & II Chronicles/Ys Seven (Two great action RPGs from Nihon Falcom, that are must have for die hard fans. Also worth checking out is Ys: The Oath in Felghana and Ys Origin, both on Steam)
- Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC – Standard & Limited Edition available(One of the best written story-lines for an RPG to ever be released, the first part of an epic trilogy. Another MUST HAVE Falcom game!)
Another great thing about the store is the merchandise. They have two Ys Seven & Lunar related T-shirts that were only distributed at an anime convention, but then decided to sell them at their shop for all the fans who missed it *Points at self*. You can even get the pre-order exclusive item for The Little King Story, an Onii Stressdoll for only $5 bucks! They even have items from various Limited Editions for games like Ys & Lunar, which they had in the past that are no longer available. So while missing out on the amazing foil embossed boxes, you get the great items that were included. An absolutely great idea by XSEED, and a very nice gesture on their part.
Word of warning, their online shop only ships in the US, so if you live outside you’re out of luck, but don’t lose that enthusiasm just yet! As they have said, “fear not, international friends! You are not forgotten, so stay tuned. ^_^”
And the fan appreciation event has only just started and won’t just end here, stay tune for more details for next week. Check out the entire Facebook post here.