By Michael Fontanini / July 30th, 2021
The psychological film-noir horror game, Dollhouse, is coming to the Nintendo Switch sometime in October. The game has already unleashed its horrors on Steam and PlayStation 4. The Nintendo Switch version will be available in both digital and physical forms. Furthermore, this version will have some gameplay differences from the others.
On the Nintendo Switch, Dollhouse utilizes certain features like the touch screen for navigating menus. Additionally, the first-person camera can be controlled via the Switch’s gyro. Meanwhile, HD rumble is used to simulate your terrified, pounding heart when ‘it’ comes for you. This version also gives you a dedicated button that makes you instantly turn around.
Marie is a detective who has the ability to scan the environment and see through the eyes of her pursuer. Viewing the world through your pursuer’s eyes is known as the “Focus” feature. Players must help Marie solve the mysteries of her own past. Memory by memory, it will come together. However, that’s assuming she can survive the deadly game of cat and mouse she now finds herself in!
No two playthroughs are the same, thanks to the game’s procedural map generation. The press release also highlights a number of other key features:
- Escape your pursuer as you decipher the eerie story of your past
- Customize and upgrade your character with 40+ Abilities and Passives
- Scan the environment and see through the eyes of your pursuer
- Investigate procedurally generated maps, no restart is the same
- Experience the horror with HD Rumble, gyroscope camera and touch screen controls