Experience the world as a simple pixel in Alt254, an upcoming minimalist open-world action-adventure and exploration game from Rename Studio and Jaleo Games.
From the developers:
The world around you is a mystery — you don’t know friend from enemy, safe from dangerous. You have to embark on a journey of exploration and self-discovery, and overcome all kinds of dangers, enemies and hazards, to understand what’s going on… and maybe find the meaning behind all this.
Embark on a fascinating minimalist adventure where you will explore an open world, full of surprises and enigmas, where every location is different and brings its own challenges. The very first puzzle will be to understand the world around you, its rules and mechanics…. but that is just the beginning. In your adventure, you will find broken pieces of your memory — glimpses of a lost past, like a shattered mirror, its pieces scattered around the world. Maybe when you find them all, you will understand who you are and why you are here.
Using a resolution of only 21-by-26 pixels – the smallest ever seen in games – Alt254 retains a sense of wonder. Adventure, monsters, and more are expressed with a single pixel, with weapons and skills requiring precision, speed and wit to use effectively. Rename’s debut game takes the key features and conventions of action-adventure games and deconstructs one of the key genres in the history of games to express the true core of its key features.
- Experience a unique adventure in an open world in a way you have never seen.
- Put your imagination to work in a world where everything is reduced to a single pixel.
- Unveil a journey of mysteries and self-discovery in a world full of dangers and challenges.
- Discover a huge amount of secrets scattered around the world of Alt254. Perhaps that wall is hiding a secret door.
- Fight enemies and monsters in a simple, clever way with a minimalist combat system
Alt254 will release later this summer on Steam in English, Spanish, German, French, Chinese and Russian (other languages will be confirmed later on).