By Leah McDonald / April 21st, 2020
This Soulsborne-inspired jaunt tosses players into the body of a talking ball with agile limbs hellbent on fending off other demons, menacing giants, slimy mutants, and the occasional “mimic-esque” chest to retrieve their original body.
WarriOrb is all about regaining your freedom – and your original demonic form. After all, you are the Spirit of the Unknown, forced into a pathetic ball body and blamed for the failure of a Very Important Summoning Spell – one that was supposed to bring the Wizard’s daughter back to life (but didn’t). Now it’s up to you to find another way to resurrect her …
Such is life.
From developer Not Yet:
Being summoned to another world and forced into a physical body is never a pleasant experience. The fact that you find yourself imprisoned inside a ball does not help the situation, either. Using your enthralling powers you manage to shape the body into a better form – having two limbs is better than having none after all, right? You also create a pair of eyes to have a better look at your situation – it is even worse than you expected. You truly don’t know what you were before or how you ended up here, but one thing is certain: you need to get your former self back.
- Explore a tragic story of loss and despair told as a comic escapade.
- Run, jump, bounce, and roll your way to freedom.
- Marvel at the fact that everything is out to get you.
- Challenge your skills and reflexes against the deadliest of traps.
- Solve difficult puzzles in between traps!
- Commiserate with friendly (and unfriendly) fellows along your journey … while the world is ending.
WarriOrb will be available on Steam (Windows/Linux) on Tuesday, April 28 for $14.94 USD. On May 5, the game will return to its original retail price of $17.99. It will launch on consoles later this year.