By Josh Speer / March 17th, 2020
Indie World almost had more games than I could absorb this morning, but I still latched onto a few of the more noteworthy titles. One such title is a game by Hello Games, who are largely known for No Man’s Sky. Though I have no personal experience with No Man’s Sky, this new adventure looks promising. That game is coming to Switch this Summer, and it’s called The Last Campfire.
Normally I’m not drawn to puzzle oriented games, but The Last Campfire looks really emotionally resonant. The story is apparently all about compassion and rekindling hope. Though it’s tagged as an adventure game, I know a puzzle focused game when I see one, and the trailer shows the main character solving puzzles and seemingly restoring society with magical fire. I also really appreciated the minimalist art style. Unsurprisingly, The Last Campfire is coming to Nintendo Switch this Summer, but it looks to be coming to other systems as well. Either way, if you like emotional adventures, this should definitely be on your radar.
To find out more details about The Last Campfire, just check out the press details below. Also, be sure to check out the trailer published by IGN that shows the main details of the game shown earlier this morning.
The Last Campfire is an adventure, a story of a lost ember trapped in a puzzling place, searching for meaning and a way home.
- DISCOVER A PURPOSE: The Last Campfire is an adventure, a story of a lost Ember trapped in a puzzling place, searching for meaning and a way home
- ON A JOURNEY: Travel deeper into the lands beyond the dark forest and overcome the adversities before you.
- UNCOVER A WORLD: Discover a beautiful wilderness filled with lost folk, strange creatures and mysterious ruins
- LIGHT THE LAST CAMPFIRE: Find hope and carry it with you on your journey to light The Last Campfire
- FROM A SMALL STUDIO: A unique tale from Hello Games and the creative minds behind LostWinds.
compassionHello GamesIndie Worldnintendo switchNo Man's SkypuzzleSummer 2020The Last Campfire