By Leah McDonald / December 17th, 2019
Xbox One owners can now sign up for beta access to Phantasy Star Online 2, which is finally coming to the West in 2020.
Players in the United States and Canada can sign up for the closed beta through the Xbox Insider Program. Beta testers will also receive unspecified special rewards.
From the press release:
In Phantasy Star Online 2, you are a member of ARKS, a task force dedicated to exploring numerous planets and protecting the universe against a malignant force called the Falspawn. Embark on a never-ending assortment of missions with fellow operatives and experience unparalleled action RPG combat, completely free to play.
Eligible players interested in taking part in the beta can sign up through the Xbox Insider Hub on their Xbox One or on any Windows 10 device. For those who have yet to install the Xbox Insider Hub, you can:
- Navigate to the Store tab on your Xbox One console, or the Microsoft Store app on your Windows 10 device.
- Select Search and look for “Xbox Insider Hub.”
- Select the Xbox Insider Hub and choose “get” or “install.”
To sign up for the beta:
- Launch the Xbox Insider Hub on your Xbox One or Windows 10 device.
- From the main dashboard, select Insider Content.
- Under “Games,” select “Phantasy Star Online 2.”
- Select “Join” to register for early sign-up.
Closed beta participants will be notified via Xbox Live when the beta begins. Details on the exact start date for the beta are not yet released.
Closed BetaJRPGPhantasy Star Online 2PSO2Xbox InsidersXbox One