By Diego Hernandez / July 8th, 2019
In the colorful world we live in, we need something different like Synergia. Following the release of their demo, Top Hat Studio takes to Kickstarter to make this full product a reality. The developers have 29 days to raise $4,000, and potential backers may obtain the game for $12. This writer encourages you to check out the campaign.
What’s the story behind Synergia?
Cila, a veteran cop with a sour outlook and anger issues, expects nothing more from life besides the smell of ozone, blinding neon lights and the ever-present manhole steam. At least, until a shady friend replaces her broken-down housedroid as a favor.
Advanced, more efficient and remarkably perceptive, unit M.A.R.A. begins to penetrate Cila’s toughened exterior and possibly even heal her new owner’s old wounds – if Cila can decipher the recurring nightmare the process brings. Soon Cila and Mara forge a unique – if sometimes uneasy – bond. Unbeknownst to Cila, just as her life begins to find its new normal, the technological giant Velta Labs gets wind of Mara’s existence and takes a mysterious interest in the android.
A war unlike any before it is brewing on the horizon, its players are silently being selected and one android’s fate may spell the difference between peace, war, the blossoming of a new religion, or a technological singularity beyond comprehension.
What does it feature?
- Nearly 100 combined, unique backgrounds and CGs
- 20+ characters in total, all with interesting backgrounds and personalities deeply woven into the narrative
- Choices that deeply affect the protagonist’s journey and world around them, with multiple endings
- An estimated 6-9 hours of gameplay
- A unique, vibrant art aesthetic that pervades the neon dystopian setting of the game
- A beautiful, vivid soundtrack that complements the game’s aesthetic, composed by one of the composers of Katawa Shoujo and Sense: A Cyberpunk Ghost Story
- Interactive adventure discovery segments
- English and Spanish language selections available as default with further languages available upon meeting stretch goals (La selección de idiomas entre Inglés y Español está disponible de base, se agregarán idiomas adicionales cuando se alcancen las stretch goals)
crowdfundingCyberpunkIndieKickstarterSynergiathrillerTop Hat Studiosvisual novel