By Steve Baltimore / April 11th, 2017
As you may have heard Neptunia VII is getting a VR remake in Japan. Megadimension Neptunia VIIR was announced back at the Dengeki Game Festival. Siliconera is reporting some really interesting details from an interview with key staff in week’s Dengeki PlayStation,
here are those details:
- The reason they decided to go with VR support is because the demand was there from fans. However, they had to think about how to represent a regular RPG in VR.
- The reason they decided to go with Megadimension Neptunia VII is because the timing worked out for it.
- The VR parts come from “VR Events” that take place in the middle of the story. That said, it doesn’t mean you won’t be able to play it without a PSVR, as it’ll be available to check out on a regular screen. You can expect a vast amount of content volume from this as well.
- VR Events are newly added scenes, and it won’t only be a part of Neptunia VII’s scenario, but also some that takes place after beating the game.
- In addition to working on the VR parts, Compile Heart is taking on the challenge of having it all come from a new engine. They say that the super remake is so drastic that you’ll think the regular game parts are from a different game.
- Next batch of info on the game will be revealed in the May 25 issue of Dengeki PlayStation.
I know I am very excited to learn more about this title, and I can feel my wallet getting lighter as I buy a PlayStation VR in the near future.