By Joseph Puntschart / February 27th, 2017
Disclaimer: I backed the Muv-Luv Kickstarter project.
Degica Games and Tokyo Otaku Mode have released a lengthy update for the Muv-Luv Kickstarter project, as the release of Muv-Luv Alternative on PC starts to draw near, as well as the releases of the physical goods and the PS Vita version of Muv-Luv in the West. The update post is quite lengthy, so here is a summary of the major points from the post.
- The game is currently undergoing a rigorous quality check by multiple proficient Japanese translators, with the aim of providing a high quality official release.
- This is done through dividing the game into three large arcs. Currently halfway through the second arc, and over halfway through the game in total.
- There is no final release date yet for the Steam version.
- Some English HUD/map screenshots were also released (spoiler free). You can view these below.
- The translation of the CODEX is approximately 70% complete.
- Degica are aiming for the CODEX to be as consistent as possible with the in-game world, including accuracy of the glossary.
- Some screenshots of the CODEX were also relased, however these contain spoilers so are not in this update summary. They are on the original Kickstarter update, which is linked at the bottom of this article.
- Some boxart designs for the collector’s box, and physical cases for the PC and Vita versions of the games have been released. Muv-Luv Alternative screenshots will be added upon the game’s Steam release. You can view these below.
PS Vita version of Muv-Luv:
- Degica apologise for the delay of the title’s release on PSN.
- Currently undergoing the rating process at the ESRB, as well as a few other things not mentioned.
- They are also preparing Muv-Luv Alternative’s requirements so that porting the game becomes easier than Muv-Luv.
Finally, Degica also note that if you need to update your delivery address, you need to use your personal BackerKit URL. You can email them at email@example.com to get this if you don’t have it already.
You can check out the post for yourself here.
Age SoftDegica GameserogeKickstarterkickstarter updatemuv-luvPCPS VitaSteamtokyo otaku modevisual novel