By William Haderlie / April 22nd, 2016
Degica Games has announced that their doujin fighting game Koihime Enbu will be released on Steam next month. The game is based on the great adult visual novel and strategy game hybrid Koihime Musou, which just happens to be one of my favorite visual novels, and a huge undertaking to get the 100% completion on. So that has me very excited for this announcement. The game does not look nearly as complex as some other doujin games—you’ll see my Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code Review go up soon—but it definitely has a cool and distinctive style that makes it a good selection for localization. While it was originally released for the PS4 and PS3 in Japan, it looks like for now there is only a Steam release planned. Here is their breakdown for the game.
Based on the Koihime Musou visual novel, Koihime Enbu features a reimagining of the Romance of Three Kingdoms where the majority of characters are girls. Originally an arcade fighting game, Koihime Enbu draws upon this pedigree to offer players accessible and exciting mechanics that will draw in beginner and veteran players alike.
Fighting game veterans will relish the tight controls and fast combat, providing the possibility of huge combos and devastating counters. Explore the Fatal Counter system that creates additional combo opportunities. With almost every attack being punishable, Koihime Enbu strives to provide a cleaner and more precise fighting experience.
- Play as 13 different characters and 7 “assist” characters to create a huge variety of strategies!
- Old school footsies-based 2D fighting game!
- Explore the Fatal Counter system which gives moves different properties that make comboing easier, and longer!
- Utilise the Tactics Meter with special moves, ex special moves, super moves, and ultimate moves!
- Save your best bouts for later, or learn from your previous battles with Replay Mode!
- Ascend the online rankings by battling in ranked matchmaking, keep it closer to home and play with your friends in local versus mode!
And here is a gameplay trailer that will give you an even better handle on what the game is.
My hype levels are high. What do the rest of our Fighting Game fans or Adult Visual Novel fans think? For those who have played that source Visual Novel (available from MangaGamer) it’s great to see those familiar faces and some new ones. We’ll keep you updated at Operation Rainfall.
2D Fighting GameAdult Visual NovelDegica GamesdoujinKoihime EnbuKoihime MusouPCSteam