By Michael Fontanini / August 13th, 2021
The resource management survival game, Sheltered 2, now has a release date. Team17 and Unicube Studios have announced that it will launch on September 21st. Players will find themselves in a post-apocalyptic world, surviving as best they can. The original Sheltered game was released back in 2016. The impending sequel has new faction mechanics for increased depth. The developers have also revamped the combat systems. Furthermore, Sheltered 2 also features a brand new 3D art style and new challenges.
Create your own faction, build up your base, manage resources and survivor needs, and of course don’t die. Players will face threats both inside and out. You can also manage relationships with other factions. Allies are a great thing to have in the apocalypse after all. However, should you mess things up, the result may be a bitter rival rather than a trustworthy ally. This could even bring calamity and extinction upon you or them. Can you survive in this brutal world?
Sheltered 2 has a number of key features highlighted in the press release:
- Factions: The factions system allows players to forge relationships with other groups to provide their base with resources and support, or they can grab their weapons and take things the old-fashioned way
- Resource Management: Players will balance the needs and wants of their survivors, manage scarce resources, craft items needed to maintain the shelter, cook meals, and build equipment to keep their group alive, and with the expanded power system players can generate energy in new ways
- Faction Leader: New for Sheltered 2, the faction leader is the most important member of a shelter, boasting their own unique and powerful traits, the faction leader will be pivotal to success, with their death meaning game over
- An Unforgiving Wasteland: Starvation, asphyxiation, extreme temperatures, and combat are just some of the challenges players will face in the harsh wasteland
- Combat: In Sheltered 2 players will use a variety of skills coupled with the ability to build parties of four and targeting specific body parts on their enemies to deal the most visceral damage in combat situations. Each action performed also has a stamina cost, so strategy will be at the forefront of every altercation, each move critical in the balance of life and death
- Characters: Survivors have their own personalities, traits, desires, and skills to acquire, and the ability to customise each individually means every faction member is unique.
Sheltered 2Team17Unicube Studios