By Leah McDonald / July 30th, 2020
Are you ready to run and gun … and eat? Bite the Bullet, a gluttonous new title from Mega Cat Studios and Graffiti Games, was already announced for PC, Switch, and Xbox One this August, but the game has added a new console to the main course: PlayStation 4.
The developers have also announced a new post-launch feature called Synthwave Mode, where players can play the game in synthwave colors while listening to music from artists including Waveshaper, Night Runner, Retröxx and Magic Sword. Key features of Synthwave Mode include neo-synth electronic visual and camera effects when the synth bio-implant is equipped, and hidden Synth Deity NPCs accesible through square-wave teleporters.
You can check out Synthwave Mode in the new trailer above.
In a world where everything is edible, what you eat and how much drives everything from your waistline to branching skill trees and weapon crafting. From the developers:
In this roguelite RPG shooter you must eat enemies, bullets and more to powerup your character, weapons, and abilities. Gun down zombies, robots and giant mutant bosses with a barrage of bullets before chowing down on their corpses to craft new weapons, unlock new abilities and special attacks, and transform into a powerful Zombro form to smash foes. Explore four character classes and a skill tree based on your diet –and remember, you are what you eat!
- Devour enemies to powerup your character, weapons, and abilities!]
- Chow down on everything -enemies, walls, even bullets!
- Play solo or with a friend in local co-op.
- Four character classes (Carnivore, Herbivore, Omnivore, and Robovore -which means you eat metal) that have their own unique abilities and perks.
- Gorge yourself on 50 levels.
- Customize your character with a deep, branching skill tree.
- Loot powerful weapons with fun modifiers such as Spicy Critter Cannons
- Craft exotic new weapons by wolfing down special types of characters and enemies!
- Eat enemies so you can burn calories to energize your skills and special attacks!
- Use a highly advanced shield to protect yourself from oncoming fire or knock enemies away!
- Earn action hero bandanas by fully completing each world!
- Chew carefully -every enemy has its own nutritional information, and you body type will change based on the types of enemies you consume!
- Transform into your powerful Zombro form and smash enemies into bite-sized bits!
- Play as either Darwincorp’s most trusted mercenary Chewie, or his female counterpart Chewella
- Gobble up an exciting plot with a ton of sidequests
Bite the Bullet releases Aug. 13 and 14, 2020, on PC, Xbox One, and Switch, for $14.99 USD. The PS4 release is slated for release soon after.
action shooterBite the BulletGraffiti GamesMega Cat Studiosnintendo switchPlayStation 4run and gunSteamXbox One