By Leah McDonald / June 11th, 2020
A platforming classic returns to modern consoles with the revival of Alex Kidd on the Nintendo Switch, PC, Xbox, and PlayStation.
Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX, developed by Merge Games in conjunction with Jankenteam, recreates the Sega Master System mascot. As well as including all of the original content and levels, this reimagining catapults the series into a new generation with striking art, improved boss fight systems and different modes. Extra levels will also be included, expanding the lore of the original title.
The game will also include Retro Mode, allowing players to switch back to a recreated version of the original graphical style, as well as a Boss Rush Mode for nonstop Rock, Paper, Scissors action.
Originally launched in 1986 on the Master System, this is the first Alex Kidd game in more than 30 years.
- A Legend Reborn – Dive into a stunning recreation of Alex Kidd in Miracle World with striking new art and tighter, more fluid controls.
- New Modes – New modes such including ‘Classic Mode’ and ‘Boss Rush Mode’ will be available for players alongside the standard game.
- New Levels – Experience new levels which expand the lore of the original game
- Alternative Boss Fights – New and improved boss fight mechanics with more intuitive combat.
- Classic Mode – Experience the original game with boss fights, dialogue, levels and functions the same as the original Master System version.
- New and remastered music – A wide array of reimagined music tracks as well as remastered tracks from the original classic game!
Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX is scheduled for a 2021 release.
2D platformerAlex Kidd in Miracle WorldAlex Kidd in Miracle World DXJankenteamMerge GamesRemake