By Leah McDonald / March 31st, 2020
In the fight to rule the underworld, death goes super cute in Kawaii Deathu Desu, a fast-paced beat’em up heading to the Nintendo Switch April 16, 2020.
In Kawaii Deathu Desu, supernatural beings find themselves incarnated as cute Japanese idols! Halfway between cute and terrifying, these hellish idols start a competition that spans the world with a singular goal; to decide who can claim the throne of the underworld. What type of competition will this be, however? As beings of the underworld, the next to inherit the throne will be determined by whoever can collect the most souls from faithful followers. With that in mind, as idols, there’s no better way to victory than mowing your own fans at shows!
For fans of fast-paced beat’em ups, you’ll feel right at home here. Pick a supernatural idol and beat the hell out of – no pun intended – as many overzealous fans as you can.
Gamplay takes inspiration from the likes of One Finger Death Punch, with character-specific styles depending on which idol you decide to play as. Players select a character to perform in a wide variety of venues, execute unique abilities and beat up overzealous fans as they rush the stage. Using collected souls, each pixel art idol’s appearance can also be customized.
- Simple, Addictive Mechanics – Play with just two buttons; easy to pick up, hard to put down.
- Fast-paced Gameplay – Quick matches that makes you enter on a frenzy!
- Hi-Fidelity Graphics – Beautiful pixel art, visual effects and clean sound effects
- Special Abilities & Unique Characters – Every idol has a special power that can be activated during the show, as well as a unique gameplay style.
- Travel the world – Perform in lots of different arenas and stages as you travel the world to collect souls
- Replayability – Each show has three different modes; prove your worth with a high score to aim for the leaderboards.
- Customization – Use souls to choose outfits for each idol to change their appearance to your liking
- Competitive Local Multiplayer – Go head to head with a friend in couch PvP mode!
- Unlockable Content – Unlockable gallery images, achievements, music, and more for the completionist in you.
Kawaii Deathu Desu will be available for pre-load on April 9, 2020, in preparation for its April 16 launch. The game will retail for $4.99 USD/€4.99. Early birds will receive a 20 percent discount at launch.
beat'em upIdolKawaii Deathu DesuPippin GamesTop Hat Studios