By Leah McDonald / February 11th, 2020
Are you a fan of old-school Legend of Zelda? What about Stranger Things? Then Mayhem in Single Valley might just be for you.
Pairing thoughtful pixel-art action-adventure of the Zelda series with the supernatural retro feel of Stranger Things, Mayhem tells the story of a local boy Jack, who was supposed to leave home for a new life in the city until a series of earth-shattering events derailed his plans. Radioactive spillage mysteriously finds its way into the river, contaminating the surrounding fauna and making Jack’s somber suburbia a center of the apocalypse.
The game’s story unfolds throughout a wide variety of locations with dozens of unique physics and light puzzles and enemies with their motivations and fears that you may use to your adventure.
Mayhem in Single Valley comes to PC in 2020. Those attending PAX East in Boston this year will also have a chance to check out the game at developer Fluxscopic’s booth.
- Physics-based puzzles meet fast-paced action-adventure in the gorgeous pixel art.
- Go from downtown to the underground caves and from secret labs to the broken version of reality.
- Combine different food types, antidotes, and poisons to escape and/or manipulate crazed wildlife and bosses.
- Pull, push, drag, and generally fling items about your environment to solve puzzles and overcome obstacles.
- Enemies and NPCs have a variety of motivations and fears, use them to your advantage.
- Portable cassette player based soundtrack. You decide what music you’d like to accompany your battles.
- Plane crashes, car chases, making clones of yourself…
- Oh, did we already mention radioactive squirrels?
FluxscopicMayhem in Single ValleyMysterypixel artSteamtinybuild