By Eric Chetkauskas / October 25th, 2015
I’m going pretend I’m not just jumping on a trending topic for this week’s theme and use the fact that Halloween is right around the corner as an excuse to celebrate the survival horror genre. Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water was released in North America a few days ago. To say there has been a bit of controversy surrounding this game is quite the understatement. We have news, podcasts, and opinions regarding the new Wii U entry in the series.
To stay on topic, the oprainfall Retro Commercial Research Team–in other words, me–presents some television advertisements for Fatal Frame games. Being a niche game, it didn’t get any Western ads, so these come from Japan where the series is known as Project Zero.
Here are the highlights from the past week.
REVIEWS & PREVIEWS
- REVIEW: Corpse of Discovery | Michael Fontanini
- REVIEW: Party Hard | Chris Melchin
- Early Access IMPRESSIONS: Soul Locus: Cards of Order | Phil Schipper
- UPDATE: Nintendo Has Personally Killed the Fatal Frame Series For the West
- Gaming Crossroads: Toughest Video Game Challenge Round Table
- Total Control Ep 52: OpZero is Back With More Fatal Frame (PODCAST)
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima has Left Konami as of October 9
- [UPDATED] Koei Tecmo Announced Yoru no Nai Kuni Renamed in the West
- New “Valkyria Chronicles”-Related Trademark filed by SEGA Games?
- Idea Factory International to Localize Trillion: God of Destruction
- Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni Gets Limited Edition
- Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir Gets a New Trailer
- New Character Trailers For Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
- Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter to PSN and PC
Fatal FrameFatal Frame: Maiden of Black WaterJapanNintendooprainfallRetroretro wrap-upvideo game commercials