By Samuel North / May 9th, 2013
SEGA and The Creative Assembly have a real treat for you would-be conquers and collectors of ancient relics out there. Total War: Rome II has finally been announced for worldwide sale on September 3, 2013, in both digital and physical forms for the PC, along with a limited Collector’s Edition that should impress any longtime Total War fan. The first available DLC, the Greek States Culture Pack, has also been announced. This day-one DLC will give players three additional factions to play as: Sparta, Athens, and Epirus. The Greek States Culture Pack will be bundled with both the regular and collector’s edition of Total War: Rome II as a pre-order bonus for those willing to take up the Roman banner early.
Commemorating The Creative Assembly’s 25th anniversary, Total War: Rome II Collector’s Edition, containing a plethora of wealth that would make any Roman legionary envious, promises to be the developer’s most epic release to date. However, this product is going to have an extremely limited run, with only 22,000 individually numbered copies being produced. Each unit will be priced at a staggering $154.99 USD from the SEGA Digital Store in the United States (excluding $25.00 USD shipping and handling), £109.99 from GAME in the United Kingdom, €129.98 from GameStop Italy, $164.00 AUD from JB Hi-Fi in Australia, and $169.95 AUD from EB Games Australia.
According to SEGA, Total War: Rome II Collector’s Edition will come with the following:
- Numbered copy of Total War™: ROME II: The most ambitious and expansive game in the Total War™ series to date, ROME II brings the statecraft, politics, intrigue, diplomacy and epic battles of the ancient world to life in thrilling detail. This version comes in a debossed Steelbook™ case, laser-etched with your unique collector’s number in Roman numerals.
- Tabula set: The Roman forerunner to Backgammon, this Tabula set comprises 30 bone-effect game pieces supplied in their own burlap drawstring bag; the board itself is built into the base of the Collector’s Edition box.
- Tesserae Dice: Three replica bone-effect dice for use in a variety of games. The design is based on original Roman Tesserae, found at the archaeological site of Herculaneum.
- Total War Cards: PUNIC WARS: Designed from the ground up to echo elements from ROME II, Total War Cards is a game of skill and luck for two players. Involving combat, territorial control, resource management and technological development, PUNIC WARS consists of 58 high-quality playing cards and a game-board printed with the PUNIC WARS tech-tree.
- Roman Onager: A complete, fully-functional Onager, or Roman siege catapult. This easy-to-assemble kit is constructed from weathered wood and steel, measures 26cm x 12cm x 12cm, and is capable of unleashing small projectiles at a variety of inanimate objects which may have affronted the glory of your empire.
All this will be bundled in a leather-effect presentation box with a gold logo and a magnetic closure.
Total War: Rome II is the sequel to the legendary strategy game Rome: Total War, both developed by The Creative Assembly. Both games put players in the role of a faction leader, who will micromanage, build and maintain settlements, command giant armies on the field of battle, and play the dangerous game of politics, all in pursuit of building an empire surpassing the real-life Roman Empire. The Creative Assembly is promising that Total War: Rome II will take the Total War series to a new level, with better graphics, a deeper political system, and a more refined way to control your armies and territories.
Fans interested in Total War: Rome II Collector’s Edition should move quickly to procure a copy as soon as possible. The Collector’s Edition is available for purchase at a very select few retailers, so don’t straggle behind, or you will miss your chance. The regular edition can be purchased from various retailers, including Amazon.com, the SEGA Digital Store (global, digital only), EB Games Canada, GAME, and EB Games Australia.
release dateSegastrategyThe Creative AssemblyTotal WarTotal War: Rome II