NOTE: This article is from the oprainfall campaign hub, written by an independent campaign, and hosted on the oprainfall website. The opinions herein may not represent the opinions of the oprainfall website.
In one week, Feb. 1, 2013 we continue our campaign to renew interest in the Breath of Fire series and show Capcom that fans would love to see a sequel to the resting IP.
Next Friday participants for this mass-posting are asked to do the following (and for the first of every month after):
- “Like” the Breath of Fire Facebook and Twitter page.
- “Like” and post on Capcom’s official Facebook page about Breath of Fire, requesting a sequel, re-releases/remakes, expressing your love for Breath of Fire, etc.
- Similarly, “Like” and post on Capcom UK’s official Facebook page with the above. Perhaps even requesting a digital re-release of the PC version of Breath of Fire IV, and a request for Europe to get Breath of Fire IV on Playstation Network.
- Follow and tweet @Capcom_Unity with BoF6 requests as well, likewise with @Capcom_UK and @CapcomUnityJp.
- Register for the Capcom-Unity forums and post in the Breath of Fire discussion group. Feel free to make new threads under Game Discussion that discuss elements of Breath of Fire games.
- A few threads about Breath of Fire exist on the Ask Capcom section. Please post in those and start up some discussions (links are below)!
- Log into your PSN account (or if you don’t have one yet, create one here) and vote UP on the following two fan requests:
- Breath of Fire III & IV on PSN
- Breath of Fire 3 download in the U.S.
Capcom-Unity threads you can post in (feel free to create new ones):
If you have the funds, purchase the following:
- If you own a Wii or Wii U in North America, Europe or Japan, purchase Breath of Fire II on the Virtual Console for 800 Wii Points.
- If you own a PSP, PS3, or Vita in Europe or Japan, purchase Breath of Fire III (PSP) on PSN (Great Britain link enclosed).
- If you own a PSP, PS3 or Vita in North America or Japan, purchase Breath of Fire IV on PSN (US link enclosed).
Due to differing time zones, you’re free to begin your posts starting at midnight on Feb. 1.
Some basic rules:
1. Don’t spam. Basically, don’t constantly tweet or Facebook post the same thing. You can keep different types of posts going throughout the day, but don’t be overbearing. For Capcom’s Unity forums, threads with Breath of Fire-related subjects are fine. Different BoF threads on Capcom’s Game Discussion and Ask Capcom forum sections are OK if they’re about different subjects (ex. one is about requesting Breath of Fire IV on PSN in UK, another is about your favorite version of Ryu or Nina, etc.).
2. Don’t be negative. There is no reason to attack a company or its employees just because they’re not doing what you want them to do. Keep this positive, and focus on the fact that you’d love to see the Breath of Fire series revitalized.
3. Respect your fellow peers. Some may hold different opinions about the games than you do, but that doesn’t make it an excuse to attack them for liking or disliking a specific title.