By Leah McDonald / August 31st, 2021
TOEM, Something We Made’s delightful black and white photography adventure game, will launch on the PlayStation 5 on Sep. 17, 2021. This coincides with its Nintendo Switch, Steam, Humble, and Epic Games Store release.
From the developer:
Set off on a delightful expedition and use your photographic eye to uncover the mysteries of the magical TOEM in this hand-drawn adventure game. Chat with quirky characters, solve their problems by snapping neat photos, and make your way through a relaxing landscape!
- Follow a small figure through Scandinavian inspired landscapes
- Take photos with your camera to solve puzzles and help people
- Listen to chill beats and take in your surroundings
- Meet quirky characters and help them with their problems
- Encounter several characters and distinct architectural environments
- Take photos, listen to calm music and travel by bus
- Climb the highest peak and experience the phenomenon TOEM
- A game which encourages you to “stop and smell the flowers”
TOEM is the first major release by Something We Made, a three-man crew made up of Niklas Mikkelsen, Lucas Gullbo, and Elias Albrecht out of Sweden. The game will retail for $19.99 USD and a demo is currently available on Steam.