By Leah McDonald / July 15th, 2021
Anime horizontal shoot-em-up Risk System is now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop. This handcrafted sci-fi adventure puts its own spin on the genre with a high risk/high reward system – the closer to an enemy you get, the stronger you get. But beware: get too close, and your ship will be destroyed.
From developer Newt Industries:
After a race of energy parasites overcome mankind’s defenses, all hope rests in the RSK9, an experimental ship that feeds on the parasite energy to deploy its incredible arsenal. Piloting the RSK9 is Alys, an ace pilot previously missing in action that has returned seemingly immune to parasite control. Her skill and resistance to the parasite energies influence make her the only pilot capable of preventing the extinction of mankind.
Risk System was originally released on Steam in 2019 and is being ported to the Nintendo Switch by Hidden Trap.
- Increase your B-Meter and firepower by flying as close to enemy fire as possible and absorbing their energy. The more times you do it, the easier it will be to destroy the parasites.
- Perform special Risk Shots to attack and turn the energy into power for your shield. Sometimes, the best defense is a risky offense!
- Use barrel rolls to quickly cover vertical space and modify your attack.
- Unleash the Barrier Breaker once the B-Meter is full to inflict huge damage on everything in sight!
- Set your destiny according to your mission performance and the results you get. Remember that everybody counts on you to save thousands of lives.
- Focus on the final goal or play hard to get the higher score in each level. Use Risk Shots to destroy multiple enemies at once, string combos and increase your score multiplier.
- Delight yourself with the gorgeous, pixelated art style of the game, which tributes to some famous side-scrolling shoot-’em-up games from the 80s and 90s.
Risk System is available for $9.99 USD/£8.99/€9.99.
Hidden TrapNewt IndustriesRisk SystemSci-FiShmupShoot em ups