By Walter P / July 5th, 2021
It has been announced that the shoot’em up Risk System will be coming to the Switch. The game which originally was released on Steam will be launching on July 15. You can take a look at the game’s press release below.
Hidden Trap and Newt Industries announced today that the anime shmup Risk System is coming to Nintendo Switch on July 15. This handcrafted sci-fi adventure will be available for $9.99/£8,99/€9.99, and is already available for pre-purchase on the Nintendo eShop. It brings a unique twist to the genre: rather than having an arsenal of weapons at your disposal, you charge your attacks by getting as close as possible to enemy fire or taking damage. The more risks you take, the more powerful you get — but if you get too close to danger, your ship will eventually be destroyed…
In Risk System, you play as ace pilot called Alys. After a dangerous species of energy parasites crossed a dimensional gate by mimicking replicated materials, humankind is quickly overtaken and forced to build an experimental ship made of old materials and technologies: the RSK9, which can feed on the parasites’ energy to deploy its incredible arsenal. You will need to boost your ship’s firepower by getting close to the enemies and pirouetting between their laser blasts, like a daredevil ace pilot out of a mecha anime!
ABOUT RISK SYSTEM
Risk System is a gorgeous horizontal shoot-’em-up with a unique core mechanic where you boost your ship’s firepower by performing stunts and weaving between enemies’ fire. It was handcrafted by Newt Industries, a two-person studio with an emphasis both on aesthetic and the feel of play. The complete cohesion between the gameplay and its visual aspect transforms the game into an incredible roleplay experience. You’ll feel like a daredevil ace pilot from the most awesome mecha anime series!
After a race of energy parasites overcome mankind’s defenses, all hope rests in the RSK9, an experimental ship that feeds on the parasite energy to deploy its incredible arsenal. Piloting the RSK9 is Alys, an ace pilot previously missing in action that has returned seemingly immune to parasite control. Her skill and resistance to the parasite energies influence make her the only pilot capable of preventing the extinction of mankind.
Originally developed by Newt Industries and published on Steam in 2019, Hidden Trap ports and publishes Risk System now on Nintendo Switch.
- Increase your B-Meter and firepower by flying as close to enemy fire as possible and absorbing their energy. The more times you do it, the easier it will be to destroy the parasites.
- Perform special Risk Shots to attack and turn the energy into power for your shield. Sometimes, the best defense is a risky offense!
- Use barrel rolls to quickly cover vertical space and modify your attack.
- Unleash the Barrier Breaker once the B-Meter is full to inflict huge damage on everything in sight!
- Set your destiny according to your mission performance and the results you get. Remember that everybody counts on you to save thousands of lives.
- Focus on the final goal or play hard to get the higher score in each level. Use Risk Shots to destroy multiple enemies at once, string combos and increase your score multiplier.
- Delight yourself with the gorgeous, pixelated art style of the game, which tributes to some famous side-scrolling shoot-’em-up games from the 80s and 90s.
SOURCE: Press Release
launchNewt IndustriesRisk Systemshoot'em'upSwitch