By Leah McDonald / May 14th, 2020
Take control of a reanimated skull that’s received a second chance at life in Finish Line Games’ new Skully. This action-adventure platformer sees the titular character on a quest to stop a simmering war between feuding siblings.
Summoned by a local deity desperate for peace among his kin, Skully can sculpt new abilities from pools of magical clay found throughout the lush island he has washed up on. Gameplay in Skully’s debut trailer shows just a few ways the headstrong hero’s clay-boosted forms can open up new areas of the unpredictable landscape.
“We fell in love with the story and the madcap mechanics behind it,” said Shane Bierwith, EVP of global marketing at Modus Games.
“To say this game is unique is an understatement,” added Modus CEO Christina Seelye.
“We’re really excited to share Skully with the world,” said Daniel Posner, CEO of Finish Line Games. “We think a lot of people will connect with the game, and its heroic journey of a seemingly unimposing character destined to accomplish great things.”
- Hop, skip and roll your way to victory
- Dodge obstacles across the island as Skully, a reanimated skull brought back to life by the power of magical clay.
- Adapt to your environment
- Transform into three distinct forms to overcome challenges & defeat enemies.
- Traverse a mysterious island
- Roll through 18 different levels in 7 lush environments each packed with unique dangers.
- Explore a compelling story
- Fully voiced dialogue and cutscenes breathe life into the island’s inhabitants and the charming world of Skully!
- Stop a destructive rivalry
- Discover the secret behind the deity’s family conflict and end their quarrel.
The game will release on Steam, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch Aug. 4, 2020.
Action AdventureFinish Line GamesModus GamesplatformerSkully