By Walter P / November 26th, 2019
It has been announced that the the railway sim Railway Empire is going to be coming to the Switch. This version of the game will be available both physically and digitally, and include some previously released DLC. You can take a look at the press release for it below.
Bracknell UK, 25th November 2019 Strategy specialists Kalypso Media and developer Independent Arts Software have today announced that the acclaimed railroad sim, Railway Empire, is coming to Nintendo Switch™ on 14th February 2020.
Railway Empire – Nintendo Switch™ Edition makes the railway sim playable any time, anywhere and will launch with a physical edition and digitally, on Nintendo eShop. This new edition of the game includes the main game (with all added content and improvements since its initial launch), alongside the Mexico DLC, Crossing the Andes DLC, and The Great Lakes DLC. The Germany DLC, France DLC, and Great Britain & Ireland DLC will also be available as additional purchases via Nintendo eShop. For more information, visit the Kalypso Store.
In Railway Empire, create an elaborate and wide-ranging rail network by purchasing over 40 different trains modelled in extraordinary detail, building railway stations, maintenance buildings, factories and tourist attractions to stay ahead of the competition. Hire and manage a talented workforce to ensure an efficient train service, while developing over 300 technologies, ranging from mechanical improvements to trains and workplace infrastructures, through five eras of technological innovation.
- Exploit the economic opportunities of the United States in an extensive campaign, working your way, step by step, from coast to coast
- Lead your empire to success by establishing a comprehensive rail network and optimising transportation of passengers and goods across North America
- Master challenges and objectives through a range of scenarios, or create your perfect railway network in construction mode without any financial pressure
- Acquire 40 historically accurate locomotives and more than 30 different wagons over the course of the game
- Invest in over 300 new technologies across five different eras to progress and maximise the potential of your rail network
- Compete with up to three rival companies, and even sabotage their efforts by way of bandits and spies.
SOURCE: Press Release
Kalypso MedialaunchRailway EmpireRailway SimulatorSwitch