By Walter P / September 19th, 2019
It has been announced that the adventure title Sparklite will be launching on November 14th for consoles and on Steam. The game will be on sale on each platform’s store during its launch week. You can take a look at the press release for it below.
Manchester, UK, Thursday September 19, 2019 – Having built up an impressive amount of momentum so far this year with highlight reveals across the likes of Gamescom and PAX, Merge Games are delighted to announce that their whimsical top-down action adventure Sparklite will release via PC, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on November 14th! Ahead of the release, Merge Games are also excited to unveil the brand-new key art for the game (which you can see above and can find in the press kit link) which gives another insight into the world of Sparklite!
With a recent showing in Nintendo’s Indie World Showcase alongside unveilings across PAX events such as ID@Xbox, ‘The Mix Seattle’, ‘Kinda Funny’ Showcase, as well as the ‘Monsters of Indie’ Superstar Dev Panel, Sparklite continues to make an impact as one of 2019’s most interesting and exciting Indie games to watch out for. Fusing together an arsenal of gadgets, guns and gear, Sparklite will have you exploring a diverse, procedurally-generated world to take down the titans of the mining industry and harness the power of Sparklite!
From solving puzzles to defeating a range of different bosses and enemies, Sparklite joins together elements of classic adventure titles such as The Legend of Zelda alongside a unique blend of approachable roguelike elements. Get ready to immerse yourself in an everchanging world as you take Ada on a journey across an assortment of different biomes and save Geodia!
- Stunning visuals – Intricate pixel art aesthetic inspired by retro classics
- Original soundtrack – GameCube inspired soundtrack by composer Dale North (Wizard of Legend)
- Explore the world of Sparklite – Five beautiful, procedurally generated biomes
- Invent your arsenal – Invent gadgets to solve puzzles and defeat enemies
- Battle bosses – Take on the Baron Mining Corp and its formidable gremlin Titans
- Meet the locals – Befriend the people of Geodia and help build The Refuge
Ahead of release, Merge are running a Steam Wishlist promotion to receive exclusive content ahead of launch. They recently hit a new Wishlist mark of 15,000 where players will now receive a free demo ahead of release! Each new mark achieved unlocks a special treat for the community and a final, mystery gift is unlocked at 55,000. Check out their Steam page for more information.
Sparklite will be available to purchase on the Nintendo eShop, PSN store, Microsoft store and Steam on November 14th and will be available to pre-order from the Nintendo eShop and Microsoft store from November 7th. Sparklite will be priced at £19.99 & $/€24.99 and have a introductory 15% discount on platforms during the following periods;
- Nintendo eShop 15% November 7th to November 20th
- PSN store 15% November 14th to November 20th
- Microsoft Store 15% November 7th to November 20th
- Steam 15% November 14th to November 20th.
If you’d to know what we thought about the game during a hands-on, you can check that out here.
SOURCE: Press Release