By Josh Speer / May 28th, 2019
I consider myself a Metroidvania enthusiast, and make it my mission to ferret out as many great ones as I can. But even I miss some games, and today we’re covering two in one. That is the Ghost 1.0 + Unepic Collection. It’s being published via the kind folks at EastAsiaSoft and sold on Playasia. Better yet, it’s coming to both PS4 and Nintendo Switch in Q3 of 2019. So if that all sounds good to you, keep reading below for all the juicy details.
Metroidvania duo ‘Ghost 1.0’ & ‘Unepic’ getting a physical release for Nintendo Switch
Ghost 1.0 also available as standalone Limited Edition for PS4™
Hong Kong – May 27, 2019 – Independent developer and publisher, Eastasiasoft Limited, today announced that they will bring ‘Ghost 1.0’ and ‘Unepic’, two popular metroidvania titles, physically to one cart for the Nintendo Switch, as well as a physical and digital Asia release of Ghost 1.0 on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system in the third quarter of 2019.
Developed by Francisco Téllez de Meneses, both games feature vast maps to explore, hidden areas, deadly enemies, as well as entertaining and often humorous stories!
The physical release of the Ghost 1.0 + Unepic Collection will be available in limited quantities for Nintendo Switch. All physical editions will be available for pre-order on May 30, 2019 from online retailer Playasia. Both games will be included on a single cart for the Nintendo Switch. An individual copy of Ghost 1.0 will also be available physically on the PS4™.
PS4™ copies of Ghost 1.0 will be manufactured to a limit of 1,000 physical copies. Nintendo Switch copies of the Ghost 1.0 + Unepic Collection will be available as a Limited or Standard Edition, with a total of 4,000 copies manufactured.
The Ghost 1.0 + Unepic Collection Limited Edition for Nintendo Switch will contain:
- A physical copy of both games on one cart (region free)
- A full-color printed manual
- An original 2 CD soundtrack
- An individually numbered collector’s certificate
- A collector’s box (with a beautifully embossed logo)
- Ghost 1.0 and Unepic have both been localized for the Asian market and are playable in English, Spanish or Russian* voices, with Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese and Korean subtitles. Further supported languages include French, German, Spanish, Italian and Russian.
About Ghost 1.0:
Ghost 1.0 is a metroidvania where two super hackers hire a mysterious agent in order to infiltrate the Nakamura Space Station and steal the greatest electronic secret ever. Of course, the space station will defend itself, which is where the fun begins: the station’s defences, with their never-ending arsenal of weapons and artifacts, will have to be destroyed. But the story gets more complicated when the hackers find out about their agent’s hidden ties…
- Weapons: Unlimited ammo and tons of specialized weapons to choose from!
- Upgrades & Items: Hassle free inventory management from aggressive drones to to potions & scrolls.
- Secrets: Find hundreds of secrets hidden in over 300 different rooms.
- Story: Enjoy an intriguing journey filled with humor, dialogue and cinematics.
- Game Modes: Choose between “classic” and “survival” game modes.
- Skill Tree: Level up characters and obtain special skills in this RPG style game component.
Unepic is a mixture of platforming and role-playing game that takes place in a huge castle of medieval fantasy. In Unepic you will explore more than 200 rooms, discover over 100 different weapons and learn more than 70 spells! Unearth countless hidden treasures and defeat nasty enemies, including seven terrifying bosses.
Unepic combines an ‘80s style with modern features. The fantastical adventure is fully narrated with 2000 lines of dialogue and rife with pop-culture references. Unepic will have you coming back for more and more, supporting multiple endings and various difficulty settings.
- Explore: Includes more than 200 rooms to find and explore
- Weapons: Over 100 different weapon-types to choose from
- Spells: Learn and cast over 70 different unique spells
- Treasure: Unearth countless hidden items of great value!
- Enemies: Nasty enemies and terrifying bosses await you around every corner!
Eastasiasoft Limited is an independent, Hong Kong–based developer and publisher of interactive entertainment specializing in video games and related media. Founded in 2007, eastasiasoft has published a diverse variety of titles in digital and physical format. Eastasiasoft is a licensed PlayStation, Nintendo Switch and Xbox One publisher. Some of eastasiasoft’s recently licensed and published games are Rainbow Skies, Sword & Fairy 6, Ghost Blade HD, Reverie, Rainbow Moon, and the Söldner-X franchise.
About Francisco Téllez de Meneses
Francisco Téllez de Meneses is a Spanish developer with 20 years of experience that worked at UbiSoft and is now an independent developer who creates videogames like Unepic and Ghost 1.0. Francisco can be contacted on Twitter @unepic_fran or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Playasia was established in 2002 and is proud to be the leading independent import and export retailer, specializing in Japanese & Asian video games. By providing outstanding customer experience, a large variety of genuine products, and global fulfillment Playasia has been sending products across the globe for over 15 years.
EastAsiaSoftFrancisco Téllez de MenesesGhost 1.0 + Unepic CollectionPlayasiaQ3 2019