By Aaron Evangelisti / October 4th, 2018
Troglobytes Games have announced through a recent press release that they will be launching a Kickstarter October 10th for their upcoming game, HyperParasite.
HyperParasite is a roguelike-like, twin-stick shooter with a unique body snatching gimmick allowing the player to jump from host to host with each body providing a different play style. It will feature an 80’s inspired aesthetic and a synth-wave soundtrack, and can be played single player or in co-op.
Troglobytes Games is looking to raise $29,000 USD to finish up development and aid in porting to consoles. Currently, they’re looking to launch on PC, XBox One, and Nintendo Switch. We’ll be keeping you updated with a more thorough Kickstarter Spotlight when the campaign launches next week. You can also download the pre-alpha demo here. Be sure to checkout the trailer and press release below:
- A fresh twist on the genre: hop from one host body to another
- 60 Playable Characters to Body-Snatch and utilise their attributes
- Unique retro 3D-pixelated visual style
- Original retro inspired synth-wave soundtrack
- Cast+weapons includes – cops+guns, Werewolves+claws, robots+lasers, aliens and so much more
- Procedurally generated levels that will play differently each time, challenging even the most seasoned of players
- An intense and frantic co-op mode: can the humans handle TWO HyperParasites?
HyperParasite is set in the 80s, offering rad visuals, fast paced action and tight controls. The onscreen cast of characters, 60 different classes, all of which you can control, exploiting their own attributes, weapons and moves, present a game of outrageous action, rip roaring brawling at is very best, laced with a comical slant which adds spice and fun! No more looking for weapons, it’s the dude you control that is packed with the boom!
crowdfundinghyperparasiteKickstarterPCRoguelikeSwitchTroglobytes GamesXbox One