By Walter P / July 3rd, 2018
A North American release date for the action-adventure title Flashback has been announced. The game will be available both digitally and physically in a collector’s edition on July 31. You can take a look at the game’s press release below.
Paris – July 2, 2018: Microïds and game designer Paul Cuisset are pleased to announce Flashback, the classic action-adventure game. Consistently ranked among the best 100 games of all time, the game will be available in North America on July 31st 2018 in both digital and retail versions.
To celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Super Nintendo version of game, Microïds is releasing a Collector’s Edition which includes:
- Physical Edition of the game
- A retro cartridge-style metal case
- An exclusive numbered metal card
- A 24-page retro-inspired instruction booklet
- Digital remastered soundtrack
In the Nintendo Switch version of Flashback, players will be able to choose between the original 1993 gaming experience and Modern mode, which contains:
- Post-FX graphic filters that players can turn on or off on the fly
- Completely remastered sound and music
- A brand new “Rewind” function, variable according to the level of difficulty
- Tutorials for those who need a boost!
In Flashback, players will awaken to the year 2142. After fleeing from a space ship, stripped of all memory, the young scientist Conrad B. Hart finds himself on Titan, a colonized moon of Saturn. With enemies and kidnappers snapping at his heels, Conrad must find a way back to Earth as he wards off the dangers that plague Titan – all while unravelling a fiendish extra-terrestrial plot that threatens the planet.
Flashback will be released in North America for the Switch on July 31.
SOURCE: Press Release
Collectors EditionflashbackNorth AmericareleaseSwitch