By Crystal Colwell / June 18th, 2018
Nippon Marathon is coming to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Steam this Autumn or Fall. It is currently in Steam Early Access, and is billed as… “Micro Machines meets Takeshi’s Castle – a hell for leather physics-heavy race across Japan. Slip into your Narwhal Onesie, Lobster Suit, School Uniform or… er… Dogs Head and charge through locations across Japan!”
Let’s start with new stages: (From Press Release)
Next up is new Boss Characters: (Press Release)
Handsome Hazuki, Shiro Hideko, KG Park, Felix Arizona join the party! If you’d like to know more about these not-so shadowy figures, then stop by the website for their full character bios! Or if you prefer your Boss characters spoiler-free, you’ll find their individual stories in the upcoming Story Mode.
Additional features and upgrades include:
• The in-game store is now open! Unlock new characters and bonuses – like new race-affecting extras. Want to level the playing field with ‘No Items Mode’? How about a Turbo mode? These unlocks will make the race more personal to your taste!
• The points you earn at the end of a race can now be converted into sweet, sweet Yen which you can spend in the in-game store!
• The new unlockable bosses will vary in cost in the store. KG Park at a cheerful ¥107,987, Handsome Hazuki proves good looks come with a price with the most expensive unlock of ¥902,714. Moustache grooming doesn’t come cheap.
• As an extra bonus, Onion Soup Interactive will give you, for this update only, enough in-game currency to buy at least one boss from the store!
• Tweaks and fixes to the fruit machine minigame. Items are now dispensed once the minigame is complete. Carp and Shiba now appear in place of the fruit machine objects.
• Fixes to resolution, options and saving.
And what’s Coming Next? The much-awaited Trolley Minigame is still currently in development. Please look forward to it in an upcoming update!