By William Haderlie / February 26th, 2016
Bandai Namco US has announced on their official Twitter account that they are publishing the Harebrained Schemes game Necropolis. The game is still being self published by the developer on Steam and the release is scheduled for Summer 2016. The title is a third person view procedural generated roguelike dungeon crawling action game.
According to the Official Website:
Introducing NECROPOLIS: an addictive blend of third-person action and procedural dungeon-delving. Oh, and perma-death. Adventure alone or with up to 3 friends in a magical deathtrap that reconstructs itself each time you play. Will you find the exit, or die trying?
IN NECROPOLIS, DEATH IS…
- …PERMANENT. Game Over? Jump right back in with a new adventurer and try again!
- …DIFFERENT EVERY TIME. A new procedurally-generated dungeon with every death.
- …BETTER WITH FRIENDS. Drop-in / drop-out CO-OP multiplayer for up to 4 players!
- …MONSTROUS. Gemeaters, Changelings, Hoardmen, and more – they exist to kill you.
- …NOT WITHOUT PERKS. Each new dungeon is littered with powerful weapons, armor, and upgrades to wield against your foes. (And there’s crafting, too!)
- …UNAVOIDABLE. But don’t worry, this NEXT playthrough is totally the one. We’ve got a good feeling about it.
As a fan of third person action games and roguelike games, this is a title I’m definitely keeping an eye on. So check back here at Operation Rainfall, we will be passing on any more information we learn.
Bandai NamcoNecropolisPCPS4RoguelikeSteamXbox One