By Will Whitehurst / June 17th, 2015
amiibo are a hugely profitable product for Nintendo. Since their reveal at E3 2014 and their initial release to coincide with Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Nintendo has sold tons of these little figurines with NFC chips inside, to the point where demand has outstripped supply numerous times. At Nintendo’s Treehouse Live @ E3 event today, the stream gave us a closer look at the company’s new amiibo waves.
The amiibo featured in this stream include:
- those adorable knitted Yoshis from Yoshi’s Woolly World
- the Turbo Charge Donkey Kong and Hammer Slam Bowser figures that serve as the fruit of Nintendo’s partnership with Skylanders
- the card form used in Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
- the four Animal Crossing figures used in Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival: Isabelle, Tom Nook, Mabel and K.K. Slider
- the Chibi-Robo used in Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash
- the 8-Bit Mario used in Super Mario Maker, which will have two variants, is considerably larger than other amiibo, and has a stand shaped like a Warp Pipe
- the upcoming Super Smash Bros. amiibo, including Mr. Game and Watch (which comes with four different poses), R.O.B. (which will have an exclusive color variant in Japan), Duck Hunt, the Mii Fighters, Falco, Zero Suit Samus, Ganondorf, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Palutena, Olimar, and Bowser Jr.
Whew. That’s a lot of new amiibo coming out this year! You can check out the new amiibo in the footage below, which was recently uploaded by Nintendo separate from the rest of the stream.
3DSAmiiboAmiibosAnimal Crossing: amiibo FestivalNintendoSuper Smash Bros.Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii UWii UYoshi's Woolly World