A leak from yesterday showed Activision was working on a cel-shaded Transformers game. Now, a Canadian Best Buy listing has revealed the game, Transformers: Devastation, more fully.
Transformers: Devastation is being developed by Platinum Games (renowned for the Bayonetta series) in part with Activision. The two companies previously worked together on the video game adaptation of The Legend of Korra last year. The game will be based on the original Transformers television series, and even feature original voice actors from the series. The game will be available on the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. More information can be found below, as can some screenshots. Expect to see more of Transformers: Devastation at E3 next week!
Release Date: October 6, 2015
Face off against Megatron and battle it out with the Decepticons in Transformers Devastation. Equipped with fast action capabilities, this game allows for instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for a unique master combat system. Five difficulty levels also deliver hours of intense gameplay.
- Autobots face off against the Decepticons when Megatron discovers a way to harness the enormous power of plasma energy to cyberform Earth
- Platinum Games’ signature fast action allows instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for a unique master combat system
- Features 5 playable Autobots including Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, and Grimlock
- A deep customization system and 5 difficulty levels with overhauls in enemy composition deliver hours of intense gameplay
- Actors from the original TV series reprising their roles include Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime), Dan Gilvezan (Bumblebee), Frank Welker (Megatron and Soundwave), and more.