XSEED Games has recently posted the first entry in the localization blog for The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter. If you’ve ever been interested in seeing the sheer amount of time it takes to localize and translate a game from one language to another, then you might want to take a look at this.
Here’s just a few quick facts from the entry to pique your interest:
- The original editor for the first Trails in the Sky was the lead this time as well
- The main scenario text wasn’t translated at the same time as the system text
- The main scenario took from November 2013 until mid-2014
- The system text was done afterwards and took seven months
- Second Chapter’s scenario is roughly twice the size of the original
- The localization team had hoped to have the game done by December 2014
You can check out the blog entry here. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter is currently planned for a release later this year.