By Jeff Neuenschwander / June 15th, 2014
With E3 all wrapped up, it makes sense that the oprainfall Substitute Retro Commercial Research Team — Me — would show new trailers that were revealed during the week. But since there were hundreds of trailers released during this time, it makes sense to narrow it down a bit. So, to make it feasible, I will only include trailers for games that were either newly revealed or announced for localization.
Let’s start with Monday and the reveal of PlatinumGames’ new title, the Xbox One exclusive Scalebound.
Also, we get a new Phantom Dust game.
And we close Microsoft with Ori and the Blind Forest.
Moving over to Sony, we get our first look at LittleBigPlanet 3.
Then we get Entwined, available now on PS4.
And we finish off with the beautiful ABZÛ.
For Nintendo, we could do a whole bunch, but I’m limiting it to four: two at the conference, two announced later. First is Toad’s first official adventure since the NES, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.
Next, we have Nintendo’s team shooter, Splatoon.
For localizations, we have Fossil Fighters Frontier (formerly known as Fossil Fighters: Infinite Gear).
And then there was Level-5’s long awaited life simulation game, Fantasy Life.
And finally, there was Final Fantasy Type-0.
…which apparently doesn’t have a trailer yet.
I guess that means we’re done.
Okay, one more trailer.
You can check out our entire E3 2014 coverage by clicking here.
HANDS ON IMPRESSIONS FROM E3
- Hyrule Warriors
- Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
- Project Guard and Project Giant Robot
- Yoshi’s Woolly World
- Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
- Sonic Boom (3DS and Wii U)
- Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX
- Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd
- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call
- Fairy Fencer F
- Valiant Hearts: The Great War
- Ori and the Blind Forest
- LittleBigPlanet 3
- To Leave
- Abyss Odyssey
- The Downpour Podcast Episode 51
- What We Know About Xenoblade Chronicles X (So Far)
- Jeff’s Musings: How Konami Lost E3 2014–and Our Trust
- Smashing Saturdays! Week 32: June 9-13, 2014
- Last Call for Funding: Pale Blue, 8 Bit Kingdoms, and More
OTHER BIG NEWS
- PRESS RELEASE: GOG.com Summer Sale 2014 Launches
- Nintendo Reveals Code Name S.T.E.A.M.
- Torment: Tides of Numenera Release Pushed Back
- Alienware Demos Quasi-Steam Machine “Alpha”
- Dragon Quest XI Currently Being Developed for Home Consoles
- Final Fantasy VII G-Bike Announced for Mobile
- [Europe] Shin Megami Tensei IV Coming to Nintendo eShop
- Final Fantasy Explorers Coming to 3DS
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Coming to North America, Europe
Remember, this isn’t the only take on the past week. Check out Chris Stollings’ take with Operation Recap every week on our YouTube channel.
If you’ve got ideas for commercials, trailers, and whatnot that you would like to see on the Wrap-Up let us know in the comments below.
ABZUCaptain Toad: Treasure TrackerE3 2014EAElectronic ArtsentwinedFantasy LifeFinal Fantasy Type-o HDFossil Fighters FrontierLittleBigPlanet 3MicrosoftNintendoori and the blind forestphantom dustScaleBoundSonySplatoonUbisoftXenoblade Chronicles X