The following is a copy of the press release.
Japan’s best-kept 2D fighting secret ‘Yatagarasu’- is now available on Rice Digital!
Bristol, UK (April 4th 2013) Rice Digital is pleased to announce that Yatagarasu, the sensational 2D fighter from doujin developer PDW: Hotapen is now available on the Rice Digital store.
The work of ex-SNK and King of Fighters artist Kotani Tomoyuki alongside one of Japan’s best fighting game players, Umezono – Yatagarasu is one of the most exciting new fighting games to emerge from Japan’s doujin scene.
Taking in a range of influences from Street Fighter 3: Third Strike to King of Fighters, Yatagarasu features:
- Eight unique characters.
- Stunning sprite artwork and animation from King of Fighters artist, Kotani Tomoyuki.
- Choose your trash talking commentator from top Japanese players, Tokido, Kokujin and KSK – who’ll react to your play style.
- Innovative ‘button locking’ parry system to give you the defensive edge.
- Unique damage mitigation system where tapping the attack buttons to correspond with incoming attacks, limits damage taken.
- 1-2 players with 8 player lobbies.
- Exclusive part-localised version, only available on Rice Digital.
‘We are so pleased that Hotapen have decided to introduce Yatagarasu to a Western audience’ says Geraint Evans, Director of Rice Digital. ‘It’s a superb 2D fighter and support from the Fighting Game Community for Yatagarasu will ensure we can continue to bring more hidden gems like this to the West. For fans of 2D fighters – Yatagarasu is an experience not to be missed.’
Yatagarasu is now available, internationally, on the Rice Digital store for just £7.99
About Rice Digital:
Rice Digital is a curated site for niche Japanese games – combining an editorial site and a store which includes hand-picked titles from Japan’s growing ‘doujin’ indie scene. Rice Digital’s mission is to bring wider awareness of smaller Japanese Games to a Western audience while providing a platform for smaller developers to have their games talked about, seen and sold via the Rice Digital store. Rice Digital is partner company to the video game publisher Zen United Ltd.
About PDW: Hotapen
PDW: Hotapen are a doujin circle consisting of ex-SNK artist Kotani Tomoyuki, top Japanese fighting game player Umezono and programmer Shiza, together they have created Yatagarasu, a 2D fighter which is available for the first time in the West via Rice Digital.