By Walter P / September 13th, 2021
Hong Kong – September 13, 2021 – Independent developer and publisher, Eastasiasoft Limited, today announced that Yangyang Mobile’s meticulously crafted thriller The Letter: A Horror Visual Novel will arrive on consoles this December, available digitally for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.
Physical editions for Nintendo Switch are also in the works, with pre-orders opening through Playasia at 11:00pm Hong Kong (11:00am ET / 4:00pm UK) this Thursday, September 16th alongside dating sim adventure Love Esquire, also from developer Yangyang Mobile. This marks the first time that Eastasiasoft Limited has opened pre-orders for two Nintendo Switch Limited Editions simultaneously. These will include the game, manual, soundtrack CD and numbered certificate in a collector’s box, each limited to 2000 units. Standard copies will also be available as open pre-orders.
The Letter: A Horror Visual Novel will be published on all consoles worldwide by Eastasiasoft Limited. More details regarding digital availability, pricing and launch discounts will be shared closer to its December release window. Love Esquire is already available digitally from developer Yangyang Mobile, having met immediate critical acclaim for its mature humor and high production values.
About The Letter: A Horror Visual Novel
When seven people fall prey to a vicious curse, they discover that the true threat rests not within the shadows, but within their own hearts and minds. The Letter: A Horror Visual Novel is an interactive horror-themed drama inspired by classic Asian horror films. Told through an immersive branching narrative, the game casts players in the ever-shifting roles of seven characters as they find themselves entangled in a mystery that’s plagued Ermengarde Mansion for centuries.
The choices you make will shape and drive the story forward. Will you mend a relationship on the verge of collapse, or will you let it fall apart? Will you risk saving someone despite the consequences you could face or leave them to meet a gruesome end? Beyond the horror themes of The Letter: A Horror Visual Novel, there is heavy emphasis on character development and interaction. The fate of each of these individuals is in your hands.
- Discover a sprawling narrative of more than 700,000 words!
- Make key decisions that directly impact the story’s course.
- Play as 7 different characters, each with unique motives and personality.
- Explore more than 80 backdrops, 100 CGs and 50 epilogue variations!
- Customize your experience with optional quick-time events and English voiceovers.
- Enjoy animated sprites and scenes that breathe life into your surroundings.
- Utilize a journal feature that jots down clues and tracks events in chronological order.
About Love Esquire
You usually play as the hero… but not this time! Git gud, get laid, and find man’s greatest pleasure in this rom-com dating sim! In Love Esquire, you’re not a famous knight, but a good-for-nothing squire who’s on a quest to find man’s greatest pleasure. Getting the girl won’t be easy though, since most of them are waaaay out of your league! So raise those stats, battle monsters, and unleash your full potential!
The product of a highly successful Kickstarter campaign by Yangyang Mobile, Love Esquire layers role-playing elements into a visual novel adventure featuring 5 romanceable heroines and stellar voice talent that anime and game fans are likely to recognize from NieR: Automata, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure or My Hero Academia.
- Meet 5 heroines, each with unique ambitions, backstories and dirty little secrets to uncover.
- Engage in turn-based combat using unconventional techniques to keep your needy knight alive.
- Taunt, cheer, heal and loot your way to victory!
- Become the ideal man by increasing strength, charisma and intelligence.
- Hear your companions express their undying love for you with full voiceovers!
- Amp up your squirely charm by giving gifts and whispering sweet nothings to your waifu.
- Choose your actions carefully and explore every possible ending!
SOURCE: Press Release
Collectors EditionEastasiasoft LimitedhorrorlaunchThe Letter