By Michael Fontanini / August 20th, 2021
Developer Phigames and publisher Dear Villagers are excited to announce the launch of Recompile. The immersive hacking adventure is available now on PC (Steam), Xbox, and PlayStation 5. The price tag sits at $19.99 on PC and $24.99 for console players.
Recompile is a hack and shoot ’em up where the player is a rogue chunk of semi-sentient code. That code exists inside the Mainframe, a digital wasteland ruled by the Hypervisor. This hostile, sentient AI deletes all trespassers from the system!
As your Recompile adventure unfolds, you’ll experience intense combat and tight 3D platforming. Beautiful visuals bring intricate environments to life as you master new abilities. These include things like jetpack flight and even time dilation! Meanwhile, intelligent enemies will stand in your way as the Hypervisor tries to stop you.
The developers have included multiple endings to uncover depending on your actions. You can do things like repairing systems or restoring lost data. You can choose to hack or destroy your enemies, and more. Along the way, you’ll discover the original purpose of the Mainframe, and the truth about the homicidal Hypervisor.
Key features of the game include:
- Cutting edge visuals bring the high-concept supercomputer setting to life
- Metroidvania progression combined with non-linear exploration and gameplay
- A range of futuristic weapons and super-powered abilities, including jetpack flight
- Multiple endings depending on player actions
- Hack through environmental circuitry, logic gates & even enemies
- Face colossal entities blocking the path to freedom
- Reactive soundtrack of blistering electro
Last but not least, here are a few more screenshots of Recompile in action: