By Walter P / March 23rd, 2021
The adventure title Chronicle of Innsmouth: Mountains of Madness is now available on Steam. The title which is inspired by classic Lucas Arts adventure games had a successful Kickstarter campaign. You can take a look at the game’s press release below.
It is time for you to delve into the abyss of your worst nightmares and fears: indie studio Psychodev releases today Chronicle of Innsmouth: Mountains of Madness on Steam for €17.99/$19.99/£15.49, with a 10% launch discount. Dare to go deeper into the unexplored and challenge the unexpected in an adventure that will take you on a journey through time and space to the darkest corners of the Lovecraftian universe.
Mountains of Madness is a Lovecraftian point’n’click adventure, in the style of the classic early 90s Lucasfilm-Arts adventures. Inspired by HP Lovecraft’s stories such as The Shadow over Innsmouth and The Mountains of Madness, in this game you will step in the shoes of Lone Carter, an investigator who, after surviving an encounter with the Cthulhu Mythos, has to face an even worst threat. Immerse yourself in an otherwordly spiral of occult madness, find out what lies behind a series of mysterious deaths and disappearances and dare to find the truth which lurks behind the façade. The deeper you dig, the more your sanity will be challenged.
ABOUT CHRONICLE OF INNSMOUTH: MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS
Mountains of Madness is the second entry in the Chronicle of Innsmouth franchise, and is set 10 years before the events of the first chapter. The game completed successfully a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter on late 2018, right after the release of its predecessor, which was based in The Shadow over Innsmouth.
Written by a Lovecraft expert, the game is based on the eponymous novella, but features many references to other stories. It also includes many easter eggs that only the geekiest of Lovecraft geeks will get (like Lone Carter’s name himself), and gives you the opportunity to play as the Mad Arab Abdul Alhazred, author of the dreaded Necronomicon, and at some point as HP Lovecraft himself.
- A mature, horrifying story, combining the thrilling mystery of a detective story with a cosmic horror setting.
- Inspired by The Mountains of Madness, but with many original elements to surprise you at every corner.
- Test your wits and deduction skills with clever puzzles, logical but challenging.
- Interact with many characters, both original and taken from Lovecraft’s works. Play as detective Lone Carter, but also as iconic Lovecraft characters as Abdul Alhazred – and even H.P. Lovecraft himself!
- Retro art style, inspired by the early 90s Lucasarts classics.
- A brilliant unsettling original soundtrack, full of tension and mystery, to underline the disturbing events of this story.
SOURCE: Press Release
AdventureChronicle of Innsmouth: Mountains of MadnessLovecraftianpoint and clickSteam