By Leah McDonald / November 17th, 2020
Critically-acclaimed 9 Monkeys of Shaolin, an old-school beat ’em up ninja fighting game, is taking aim at the holiday season with two major updates. A New Game Plus mode will be available on Steam near the end of November, along with an update adding Scores Tables closer to the holidays.
“On behalf of our team I want to thank each and every one of you for playing 9 Monkeys of Shaolin,” said Dimitry Kachkov, head of Sobaka Studio. “Over the past month we have received a massive amount of awesome feedback from players, as well as numerous positive reviews from bloggers and media. Such powerful feedback is an incredible motivation that inspires us to set and achieve new goals. Right now we are working on a major update of 9 Monkeys of Shaolin which brings a number of improvements and new features that you’ve asked us for.”
Released in October 2020, 9 Monkeys of Shaolin follows the story of Chinese fisherman Wei Cheng as he seeks vengeance for the death of his friends and family who were slaughtered in a pirate raid. With his trusty battle staff, Wei Cheng adventures through medieval China taking on merciless fights with hordes of various enemies.
- 3 unique fighting styles: fight on earth, in the air or use mysterious magic seals. Combine these elements to defeat every enemy on your way.
- Captivating narrative: discover the fascinating story of Wei Cheng and follow him as he rises from a simple fisherman to the master of Shaolin martial arts.
- Stunning visual style: unlikely combination of historical and mystical elements gives you an exciting experience in every scene that appears on screen.
- Extensive character development system: you learn a great deal of ways to victory as you discover various unlockable perks, items and fighting styles.
- More than 25 different levels: Chinese villages, pirate ship, Buddhist monasteries, Japanese mansions, ancient ruins and many more.
- 10 types of Chinese and Japanese polearms, each with its unique traits. Discover the landscapes to find new items.
- Co-op play: invite your friend to help you fight through growing waves of enemies and complete the game together.
9 Monkeys of Shaolin is available on Steam, Xbox One, Xbox One X, and the PlayStation 4 with both single player and online or offline co-op modes.
9 Monkeys of Shaolinbeat-’em-upPlayStation 4SteamXbox One