By Michael Fontanini / August 21st, 2020
Dead Drop Studios is bringing classic survival horror game, Outbreak: The New Nightmare to the PlayStation 4 next week. The game’s Playstation 4 launch is set for next Thursday (August 27th). You can get it for just $12.99. The game offers multiple modes beyond the campaign mode. Onslaught Mode pits players against hordes of the undead, while Experiments Mode sees players completing challenges.
Outbreak: The New Nightmare originally released on PC (Steam, and Windows Store) in January of 2018. Since then, it has received many updates. It turns out that the game is 50% off on the Windows Store until Monday (if you want it now, cheap, and on PC). Here is the list of updates added since launch, straight from the press release:
- Local split-screen co-op (vertical or horizontal)
- Huge performance and graphics improvements (FPS, memory usage, real-time shadows and lighting, volumetric lighting, and more)
- New scenarios/game content
- New characters (Elena and Hank)
- Nightmare difficulty mode
- Radical weapon rebalancing (handguns/shotguns heavily buffed, random enemy spawns extremely reduced on Normal and Hard modes, hit detection from enemies greatly improved – and power weapons spawn in much earlier waves in Onslaught mode)
- Improved animations
- New weapon (DMR)
- Enemy pathfinding/AI improvements (e.g., enemies don’t attack through doors – opening them instead)
They also released a new Outbreak: The New Nightmare PlayStation 4 trailer:
The year is 2016, and the month is September. A sleepy little town is broadsided by a viral outbreak. The situation was made worse by the aftermath of summer droughts, which led to water rationing. This in turn decreased hygiene across the city. Just as the rationing was able to come to an end, the outbreak hit.
The city soon found itself overrun with the undead, as the infected continue adding to their ranks. Survivors at Arzt Memorial Hospital quickly found themselves in a battle for survival (in the first game). Outbreak: The New Nightmare (the sequel) follows another group of survivors at the same time elsewhere in the city. They were all drawn to what seemed the safest place in the city, Kraus Shipping Industries. Unfortunately, they find that the building is already home to the stench of death, bloody walls, eerie sounds, and unseen horrors.
Here are a few Outbreak: The New Nightmare screenshots:
Dead Drop StudiosOutbreak: The New Nightmare