By Leah McDonald / August 4th, 2020
For the first time, award-winning games Alto’s Adventure and Alto’s Odyssey will be available as one bundled experience on the Epic Games Store, Xbox, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch. The Alto Collection brings both critically acclaimed games to a whole new group of players who will finally be able to see what millions of others have discovered as they explore the ivory snows and the endless desert on the big screen in one collection.
Join mountain shepherd Alto and friends as they set out to rescue their escaped llamas and find the adventure of a lifetime. In this collection, players will journey across the beautiful alpine hills of their native wilderness and soar above windswept dunes in a fantastical place far from home. Each procedurally-generated run provides new inspiration and a fresh set of challenges that seamlessly blends our unique landscapes together.
Throughout the journey players will meet new friends and escape adversaries with clever combinations of expertly timed inputs. Each backflip and successfully landed trick grants a temporary speed boost; misjudge the timing of a backflip or the execution of a jump, and find yourself in a crash landing at the end of your run. As players progress through the terrain, they’ll earn upgrades, harness new abilities, and uncover the many mysteries that each game hold.
“Since Alto’s Adventure first launched in 2015, fans have been asking to play the game on pretty much every platform imaginable,” said Ryan Cash, founder and creative director of Snowman. “I’m so excited that we’re finally going to have both Alto games accessible virtually everywhere.”
“It’s such a thrill to see how far Alto has come from his humble beginnings – even though Adventure started out life on a tiny screen, we’ve always believed the minimalist and immersive sensibilities of both games translate wonderfully to PC and consoles. We’re so happy to finally get this opportunity to share our games with a wider audience,” said Harry Nesbitt, lead artist and developer.
- Two epic experiences. Play both Alto’s Adventure and Alto’s Odyssey for the first time in one collection. Easy to learn, difficult to master. At the heart of the Alto series is an elegant two button trick system. Chain together combos, and complete all 360 handcrafted goals and challenges. Explore adventurously. Dive into fluid, graceful and exhilarating physics-based gameplay.
- Master the elements. Fully dynamic lighting and weather effects, including thunderstorms, blizzards, fog, rainbows, shooting stars, sandstorms, swirling wind vortexes, rushing water and more.
- Meet Alto and friends. Discover seven unique characters, each with their own special attributes and abilities.
- Newfound heights. Acquire the wingsuit from Izel’s workshop for an entirely new gameplay experience and soar above the mountain.
- Zen Mode. Complete with its own serene soundtrack, this relaxing mode distills each game down to its purest elements: no scores, no coins, and no power-ups. Just you, alone in nature.
- Beautiful and immersive. Play in stunning 4K resolution surrounded by original music and handcrafted audio for an ambient, enveloping experience.
- Photo Mode. From the pause screen, get behind the lens and take stunning photos of your trip.
The Alto Collection will launch on Aug. 13, 2020, on the Epic Store, Xbox, and PlayStation 4 for $9.99 USD/ €8.99 / £7.99. A Nintendo Switch release will follow. The game will be available for free on the Epic Games Store until Aug. 20.
Alto CollectionAlto's AdventureAlto's OdysseySnowman