By Walter P / March 10th, 2020
It has been announced that the unique shooter Freedom Finger will be making its way onto the PS4 & Xbox One on March 24. For those who have the game which was previously released on Steam & Switch, there will be an update which will add some new content such as new levels. You can take a look at the game’s press release below.
March 10, 2020 — Wide Right Interactive announces that an enhanced version of its highly satirical music-driven shoot’em up Freedom Finger will arrive on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles on March 24th. Featuring a star-studded lineup of voice actors and music talent including voice legend Nolan North and underground hip-hop artist Aesop Rock, this enhanced version includes new stages, new music tracks, a fully unlocked arcade mode, optional God mode, new language options and more! Additionally, Switch and Steam owners can look forward to the same fresh content with The Rhymesayers Update, a free update which releases on the same day!
Created by Emmy nominated producer Jim Dirschberger (Sanjay and Craig), Freedom Finger is a wacky and foul-mouthed trip through 40 handcrafted levels piloting the middle finger space ship in order to protect Democracy and rescue the inhabitants of the American space station on the moon. Shoot and beat ‘em up fans will both find something to enjoy in Freedom Finger as players are able to shoot, punch and even grab oncoming enemies and use them as a weapon.
Featuring perfectly timed rhythm-based chaos every moment in Freedom Finger is musically driven on-coming enemies will increase just as tempos increase in each of the game’s kick-ass tracks. With various levels of difficulty, Freedom Finger lets players sit back and enjoy the kooky ride or ramp up the difficulty for some bat$#!% crazy action. For those wanting a more toned-down PG-13 experience, a censored mode is also included complete with voice-overs befitting that of a rated-R movie being played on daytime television.
A list of features include:
- Classic shmup gameplay blended with melee combat! You’re flying a ship shaped like a giant hand, so use it! Punch, grab, and shoot enemies to smithereens! The unique grab attack allows you to capture enemies and use their guns as power-ups!
- Rhythm-based gameplay, enemies, bosses, and events are synced to the music
- Fight your way through 40 handcrafted levels, spread out over 13 worlds! Each world features new enemies, power-ups, and challenges!
- A fully voiced, fully animated Story Mode featuring Nolan North (Uncharted), John DiMaggio (Futurama, Adventure Time, Gears of War), Sam Riegel (Critical Role), and Eric Bauza (Rick & Morty)
- A unique soundtrack including original music by Aesop Rock and licensed tracks from Red Fang, METZ, Power Trip, Com Truise, White Fence, Ty Segall, Makeup and Vanity Set, True Widow, The Radio Dept., Drab Majesty, John Maus, Vektroid, Danimal Cannon, Cleaners from Venus, Male Gaze, Ezee Tiger, The Mall, and many more!
- A wide selection of difficulty settings. Whether you want to chill and enjoy the story or crank the difficulty for a butt-blasting ridiculous challenge, we’ve got you covered!
- A highly satirical storyline that explores hot-button topics such as communism, US foreign policy, sriracha sauce, and crafting in video games.
Rhymesayers Update For Switch and Steam
To coincide with the release of Freedom Finger on Playstation 4 and Xbox One, Wide Right Interactive is pushing a massive free update to the game! The new content, dubbed the Rhymesayers Update, adds new levels featuring original music by legendary underground hip-hop artist, Aesop Rock. Additionally, the update features a wide variety of enhancements and fixes:
- An overhauled campaign mode progression system.
- All levels are now automatically unlocked in Arcade mode.
- Infinite health options.
- Rebalanced points system and improved leaderboard rankings.
- Subtitles now available in German, Spanish, Chinese, and Russian.
- Various bug fixes, overhauled audio mix, and accessibility options.
SOURCE: Press Release
Freedom FingerPS4ShmupWide Right InteractiveXB1