By Leah McDonald / February 20th, 2020
Pick up your sword and take up the way of the samurai in Katana Kami: A Way of the Samurai Story, now available on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Steam.
In the volatile Rokkotsu Pass during Japan’s Meiji Restoration, the swordsmith Dojima has fallen on hard times. His daughter has been abducted as collateral for his debts, and you must help him pay up by crafting swords during the day and exploring the mysterious, twisting dungeons of the Ipponmatsu Cave for valuable materials at night.
- Hone Your Skills – Over 100 different weapons and 9 fighting styles means you can fight any way you please!
- Mysterious Dungeons – An isometric hack and slash with randomly-generated dungeons to explore in a historical Japanese setting.
- Two Swords are Better Than One – Explore dungeons with others.
- Balance of Power – Ally, betray, or maintain neutrality in dealing with the town’s three factions. The fate of Rokkotsu Pass is balanced by the tip of a blade!
- Familiar Faces – Featuring fan favorite characters from the Way of the Samurai series!
Players can also download the Katana Kami DLC for free during the first week of its release. The DLC includes a five famous sword set, featuring the Dojigiri Yasutsuna, Nagasone Kotetsu, Heshikiri
Bizen Osafune Nagamitsu, and Fudo Masamune. Players can also get the Wanderer Set, which includes the Wanderer Outfit, Wanderer Hat, Wanderer Cape, Wanderer Itachi, Kabra’s Blade, and Kabra Reborn. Sword blueprints are included in both sets.