By Marisa Alexander / April 26th, 2018
The sequel to the popular visual novel is about to arrive on Steam. Coming May 8th, owners of the original STEINs;GATE will be able to purchase STEINS;GATE 0 at a 10% discount. STEINS;GATE itself will also be on Steam for a lower price. STEINS;GATE Elite will be available on Steam in 2018 as well.
To celebrate the anime, the Funimation team is streaming STEINS;GATE 0 for Steam on their official channels on April 30th, 2 PM PDT.
STEINS;GATE 0 itself continues the theme of time travel, but adds AI as the new central hook for the plot. Prevent World War 3 by altering time itself with a group of young students. Interestingly, this plot is a what-if were the players fail the original plot.
STEINS;GATE 0 COMES TO STEAM MAY 8
WITH A DISCOUNT FOR STEINS;GATE OWNERS!
LONG BEACH, CA, April 26, 2018 — Experience the beta worldline in STEINS;GATE 0, available for Steam® on May 8! If you already own the original STEINS;GATE, you can save 10% on STEINS;GATE 0 with the discounted Steam bundle. But that’s not all, STEINS;GATE will be up on Steam for a lower price! STEINS;GATE ELITE will also be available for Steam in 2018.
Spike Chunsoft has teamed up with Funimation! To celebrate the first episode of the STEINS;GATE 0 anime SimulDub™ on FunimationNow, the Funimation team is streaming STEINS;GATE 0 for Steam on their official channels on April 30 at 2PM PDT!
About the STEINS;GATE series
In 2009, 5pb. and Nitroplus created the award-winning science-fiction, interactive visual novel known as STEINS;GATE. Since then, the series has spawned a manga, drama CDs, a movie, a live action stage play, and an anime, including the now-airing STEINS;GATE 0, and is loved by fans worldwide.
About STEINS;GATE 0
A new story in the critically-acclaimed STEINS;GATE series. From the depths of despair—explore a whole new world line. Your favorite characters return alongside a brand new cast!
- STEINS;GATE 0 continues the time travelling theme – but adds artificial intelligence as its central hook
- Help a group of young students bend time to their will and prevent the onset of World War 3
- Beautiful artwork and engaging story for an unforgettable experience
- Tells the story of an ‘Alternate Worldline’ – what happens if players failed the original story
- Interact with the story using your smart phone – answering (or not!) your phone, and your responses, will determine the outcome to the story