By Jenae R / June 13th, 2017
A new issue of Famitsu has announced a remaster of the .hack//G.U. games. Volume 1 Rebirth, Volume 2 Reminisce and Volume 3 Redemption, will all be included in one remastered collection titled .hack//G.U. Last Recode. The game will be playable on both PS4 and PC. No release date yet, or any word on the whether it will be localized. The below list are the updates and changes that will be made, as well as other things that will be included in the remastered collection. It’s also been mentioned that the remaster is already 80% finished.
- 1080p and 60 frames per second
- High-resolution movies
- High-detail backgrounds and user interface, etc.
Game system evolutions
- Retry feature added
- Movement speed increased
- Auto mode (play with your strongest levels and equipment)
- Maximum items you can possess has been increased to 90
- Item menu shortcuts and sort features
- Feature to use the same item over and over
- Empty equipment slots are easier to understand
- Maximum Chim Spheres and Virus Cores you can possess has increased to 999
- New recovery method “leisurely break” added to the platform, available from the early stages
- You can choose between Saku and Bo in the party
- Decreased the probability of allies selling the items you give them
- Improvements made in Vol. 2 and Vol. 3 have been applied to Vol. 1
- Attack power has been increased and hit stops during attacks have been reduced to speed up the battle tempo
- Learning weapons proficiency increased and acquired experience points increased
- You can skip Awakening scenes
- Some tough enemies have been made a bit easier
- Keith’s general shot bullet speed has increased
- Avatar battle balance revised
- Added suspend feature during Avatar battle gameplay
- In Vol. 3, changed it to make it possible to do the marriage events with all characters that can become your ally, without having to redo them
- The videos from “The End of the World” Terminal Disc included with the original PS2 release of Vol. 1 are included in the collection
- There is a Haseo with an unfamiliar face…
2017 is the 15th anniversary since the release of .hack and the 10th anniversary since the release of G.U., as well as the year G.U. is set. In order to commemorate that, we thought to reboot the series.
This is a remaster rather than a new work because we want introduce the younger generation to .hack since it has been so long.
As for the new elements, you will be able to meet a “Haseo” you “don’t know.”
Since it’s the 15th anniversary of .hack, there are also other projects moving along.
dot hackdot hack guFamitsuPCPS4Remaster