By Patrick Aguda / November 14th, 2016
Funimation has announced the English voice cast for Makoto Shinkai’s Your Name. (Kimi no Na wa.) animated film. Along with the announcement, an English trailer featuring the dub was streamed. Anime Limited, the film distributor for Your Name. in the United Kingdom, streamed the English trailer. You can check out the trailer below.
The voice cast for the film is as follows:
- Michael Sinterniklaas as Taki Tachibana, A kind but occasionally short-tempered high school boy who has an interest in architecture.
- Stephanie Sheh as Mitsuha Miyamizu, A high school girl who lives in the rural countryside but dreams of one day living in Tokyo.
- Kyle Hebert as Katsuhiko Teshigawara
- Cassandra Morris as Sayaka Natori
- Laura Post as Miki Okudera, Taki’s beautiful and mature senpai at his part-time job
- Ben Pronsky as Tsukasa Fujii, One of Taki’s best friends and classmates
- Ray Chase as Shinta Takagi, One of Taki’s best friends and classmates
- Catie Harvey as Yotsuha Miyamizu, Mitsuha’s little sister
- Glyins Ellis as Hitoha Miyamizu, Mitsuha’s grandmother
- Scott Williams as Toshiki Miyamizu, Mitsuha’s stern father, and the local mayor
- Katy Vaughn as Yukari Yukino, Mitsuha’s teacher at school. Fans of director Makoto Shinkai’s work will recognize her as the female lead in his previous film, The Garden of Words.
Funimation describes the film as follows:
From director Makoto Shinkai, the innovative mind behind Voices of a Distant Star and 5 Centimeters Per Second, comes a beautiful masterpiece about time, the thread of fate, and the hearts of two young souls.
The day the stars fell, two lives changed forever. High schoolers Mitsuha and Taki are complete strangers living separate lives. But one night, they suddenly switch places. Mitsuha wakes up in Taki’s body, and he in hers. This bizarre occurrence continues to happen randomly, and the two must adjust their lives around each other. Yet, somehow, it works. They build a connection and communicate by leaving notes, messages, and more importantly, an imprint.
When a dazzling comet lights up the night’s sky, it dawns on them. They want something more from this connection—a chance to meet, an opportunity to truly know each other. Tugging at the string of fate, they try to find a way to each other. But distance isn’t the only thing keeping them apart. Is their bond strong enough to face the cruel irony of time? Or is their meeting nothing more than a wish upon the stars?
Funimation plans to release Your Name. in theaters across North America in 2017. The film will be shown with both the English dub and the original Japanese voices with English subs. For more information on the film, you can check out its official website from Funimation HERE.
animeanime filmAnime Limitedenglish dubFunimationKimi no Na waMakoto ShinkaiYour Name