By Former Staff / October 28th, 2016
Cubetype have announced that the release date for their latest Touhou Project PlayStation game, Touhou Koubuto V, has been pushed forward by one day to 2nd November. That day will be when it releases digitally on the Japanese PSN for both PS4 and PS Vita. Cubetype also released the game’s first official trailer.
Here is some information about the game, much of it is in the trailer:
- This is a 3D fighting game, where bullets are the main weapon.
- Both versions will contain a story mode where you have to look into an incident that happened in Gensokyo.
- The PS4 version contains online and local multiplayer, while the PS Vita’s multiplayer is ad-hoc only.
- If you own Touhou Genso Rondo on PS4, you will be able to play online multiplayer matches using Touhou Koubuto V without having to change software.
- PlayStation VR support will be added to the PS4 version later on via an update. Features include head tracking, with a view similar to the standard mode allowing the player to see their character from a distance.
- A free theme will be included with all purchases, the theme you get depends on what platform it’s purchased on.
- The game costs 3,000 yen. There is no cros-save, however you can get the other version of the game at a 1,000 yen discount.
You can watch the trailer below.
Touhou Koubuto V will be releasing in Japan on 2nd November. No word on a Western release.
CUBETYPEfighterplay doujinPS VitaPS4Touhou Projectzun